Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: French tailights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I spotted this in the back lot of a gas station in Palm Springs. Real French tailights.
CCLINPARLEZVOUS
boxstr
Other side..
Mueller
neat...I had to look at them for a few seconds to figure out what was different wacko.gif
Bleyseng
What, you didn't snag them?

Geoff biggrin.gif
Kargeek
Like mine...bought one side from Stoddard Imports and the other off the desk of a Porsche dealer's parts manager located in Hawaii.

DH
boxstr
Geoff It gives me another reason to go back..... laugh.gif Kargeek what did you do to get those so shiny???
CCLINPSONMYMIND
double-a
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 19 2004, 09:54 PM)
Geoff It gives me another reason to go back..... laugh.gif Kargeek what did you do to get those so shiny???
CCLINPSONMYMIND

i picked up a left side taillight, euro, from ebay awhile back. i got the right side from you craig if you remember. anyway, the one i got from you was waaaaay more shiny, and they looked goofy on the car together, one shiny and one not.

so, a buddy of mine runs a detail shop and can pretty much put a shine on anything. he did some kinda magic on that other one, now they look identical. amazing what the guy can do with white goo and some good buffing. took him about 10 minutes.

~a
Joe Bob
French????
I don't see any white flag.... blink.gif
Aaron Cox
sean (914club username: 'curtis' ) has those tails on his museum quality 6. says hes had them on every car he owned...move em from one to the other... smilie_pokal.gif
bob91403
Who the hell wants yellow backup lights? wacko.gif
Bleyseng
The French so they don't blind everyone when they are backing up or retreating.
Joe Bob
Damn decent of them....
nein14
I have a set on my GT , I got them from Otto's a while a ago.
Kargeek
Mine are shiny 'cause they were new, in the box.You can polish old tailights and plastic lenses...2000 grit wet sandpaper and a fine pilosh and wheel buff. DH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.