Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need emergency brake diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
juliomagdaleno
My brake light keeps flashing. I was doing some repairs to the car and noticed a wire disconnected from the master cylinder, I plug it in and now my e brake lights keep flashing. The car has been sitting for a while when I purchased it and I have been doing repairs to get it road worthy. The brake light never worked when I would pull the hand brake. I tried searching for a wire for the brake but I can not locate. Does anyone know what color of wire I should look for and where does it connect to the e brake. I am sure this will take care of my problem. the car does not have a reset button on the master cylinder. It is a 1974 Porsche 914 with a 2.0 engine. Any help appreciated. thanks
Cap'n Krusty
Go to Pelican Parts' website and look at the full color wiring diagrams.

The Cap'n
Steve Snyder
The indicator is designed to flash when the hand brake is engaged. It is controlled by a little switch under the hand brake lever. If you disengage the hand brake lever (put it all the way down), it should contact the switch and turn off the flashing light... it really has nothing to do with the actual brake functionality.

914itis
He mentioned on his other thread that the light starts flashing after he reconnect the master cylinder switch wire. It may be a bad switch.
76-914
there is a brown wire that comes from the rear of the tunnel area, goes behind the drivers seat, alongside the long and finally into the cross member where the brake handle is attached. if it is grounded it completes the circuit and the brake light will flash on the dash.
juliomagdaleno
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 30 2013, 06:09 AM) *

there is a brown wire that comes from the rear of the tunnel area, goes behind the drivers seat, alongside the long and finally into the cross member where the brake handle is attached. if it is grounded it completes the circuit and the brake light will flash on the dash.

Is it grounded to a bolt on the brake or where exactly does it connect to the handle. I do not see the brown wire and will be removing the seat tomorrow to see if I can find it but would want to know where it connects to exactly, any pictures or diagram.
Steve
If you also bled your brakes lately, there is a also a pin on the side of the master cylinder that you need to push back in to reset it. Otherwise you will also get this same symptom.
Spoke
This is the complete turnsignal + brake circuit for 74-76 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.