Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's adjustable struts are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
On Chris Julians car, purchased ~10 years ago.
Felix
redshift
I am half asleep, but they look like several made now... those might be RSR spec Bils...

I dunno... Santa? Santa Claus?

See, I am asleep..

M
davep
They sure look like Bilsteins. I had a similar set except they were 911 rear shocks. Probably available, but expensive.
TimT
Those are Bilstein RSR struts
neo914-6
Those are Bilstein RSR struts

Tim,
Then whats the extra spring? Is this strut overkill for non-race cars?

Found a source: Bilstein RSR $1200 pair.

Felix
redshift
Overkill for non-race cars... hmm.. no.

smile.gif

M
TimT
That extra spring is a "helper spring" so when the strut is unloaded, the springs still stay centered and in contact with the perches. The helper spring has a really low rate... less the 25 lbs...

Its not really necessary, but sometime when you let a coil over car down off the jack a spring can hang up, it upsets the ride height for awhile till you hit a good bump... but it can screw up the perches.

Youi can also get a short progressive spring, and then a final value linear spring to run..Eibach can be very helpful.
redshift
The prices are soaring... last year you could get the whole rig for about as much as the inserts.

smile.gif

Anyone want these dollars? Bushel for a dime..

M
TimT

thats a little steep

but you have them already? dont you?
neo914-6

thats a little steep

but you have them already? dont you?

Are there cheaper, where? I have 911S with adj. Konis on my car. The pictured struts are on Chris Julians V8 AIR bodied caged car. He bought them ~10 years ago and forgot where. I am researching parts to put on my next 914.
Felix
redshift
Rich Herzog (ArtechnikA) was either buying, or looking for them during the Bils buy..

Brad had a price... PM Rich?

M
ChrisReale
QUOTE(TimT @ Nov 20 2004, 03:03 PM)
when you let a coil over car down off the jack a spring can hang up, it upsets the ride height for awhile till you hit a good bump... but it

Happened to me the other day. I thought some kids were throwing rocks at my car...it was the spring "settling" on the perch after being jacked up..
neo914-6
when you let a coil over car down off the jack a spring can hang up, it upsets the ride height for awhile till you hit a good bump... but it can screw up the perches.

My rears are Bilsteins with the adj. perches and shorter 200lb springs. I've been told you can tie wrap the top of the springs to keep them in the mount but then the bottom may miss-align.

Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.