Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Run In
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
Has anyone thought of this...Just mount the engine/Tranny without connecting the shafts and shifter assembly to test run the engine and if so what was the proceedure?
DNHunt
You doing this in the car or on a stand? I started mine on a stand so I could check for leaks and I left the clutch disk out so there wouldn't be any chance that I would have the output shafts turning. (Safety, kids around). If in the car start it in neutral so you don't have to drop it again and add the clutch.

Dave
newdeal2
I will have the tail end up to install the engine/tranny and thought I could leave the shafts and shift shaft off until I check everything [after 20 mins or so at 2000 rpm]. This way I save a few steps if I need to pull it back out.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
DJsRepS
Dont see a problem starting it in any gear with the axles out. 2 smooth round disks turning whatever direction one would have to try to hurt themselves on that. It cant hurt the gearbox. Note about oil leak SirAndy of this board found a nice one on mine. If you remove the Tstat pully from the block put short screw and washer back as that hole goes deep into the block and oil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.