Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay - 9:14 breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
watsonrx13
Anyone in the Tampa Bay area up for a 9:14 breakfast?

The weather has finally cooled down and I was wondering if there was some local interest in getting together Saturday, Dec 4, for a breakfast. Depending on the number of interested parties and their traveling distances we could pick a location convient for most.

Location suggestions:
I was thinking of Cracker Barrel off of I-4 at the Mango exit, east of Tampa. Large parking lot and lots of tables.

I'll update this with the list of attendees, so if you're interested, please post.

BTW, you don't have to drive your teener, just show up and we'll talk cars.

Offical time is Sat, Dec. 4 at 9:14 am .......... Place, Cracker Barrel off of I-4, exit 10, north side

List of attendees:

Rob and Robin - Plant City (watsonrx13)
Rob - Clearwater (914rrr)
Peter and wife - Clearwater (newdeal2)
Jim, Stacey and two tykes - Ft. Myers (BIG bOgGs)
Paul - Tampa (URY914)
Steve - Tampa (smg914)
Rouser - Tampa (Rouser)
Ray Oaks - Tampa?
Rob Quarles - St. Pete

Karl - Orlando (Qarl) - won't make it do to travel to Detroit
Joe Courey - Clearwater - won't make it due to prior personal commitments
Dave Hastings - Tampa? - won't make it due to prior personal commitments
JW - Ft. Lauderdale (jwalters) - won't make it due to recent surgery
Brian Canfield - Tampa? - won't make it due to prior personal commitments

I decided to list everyone that had an interest in attending, even if they couldn't make it, therefore, we will have a list of everyone for the next gathering...

beerchug.gif
914rrr
Count me in! Location is OK by me! boldblue.gif
I may even drive my teener there!
newdeal2
I will jump in. I may even have the car running if it's more than 10-14 days away!

"peter2liter"

aka Newdeal2
JoeSharpOld
Gosh wish I could make it.
Joe
watsonrx13
Great guys. If your name isn't in your signature or login, please let me know, also, let me know how many others in your group, along with their names.

Joe, you're more than welcomed to attend, it's only 2 weeks away and I know it can be done, Joe Ricard made it from Oregon to Mississippi in 5 days, so you need to start planning and/or driving now... biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Firm up the time/date and I wil send you the contact info for a couple 914 LE owners in your area.
BiG bOgGs
I am working on my wife right now, but count me in until she puts her foot down. I'll be coming up 75 from Ft. Myers so anything further south is appreciated biggrin.gif

Jim beer.gif
BiG bOgGs
I don't have a teen yet, so if you are coming and you have a teener, please drive it. I want to get as much info on the different years and engines so that I will know what to look for when my time of rapture comes. aktion035.gif
watsonrx13
Jim it would be great if you and your wife could make it.

Unless someone has any objections, Cracker Barrel will be our destination.

Jim, you'll need to take I-75 north to I-4, then west and it's the next exit (exit 10), less than 1 mile. When you get off of the exit, turn left and head north. You'll then need to go to the Flying J truck stop, turn left and follow the signs. You can see the resturant from the interstate.

This is a breakfast for everyone to bring their significant other.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great southern breakfast.
Joe Ricard
3 days!!!!

3499 miles 3 days.
Joe Ricard
If I weren't AXing on Sunday I would be there.
Now that would be an accomplishment. Gautier to Tampa to New Orleans AX and back to Gautier.
watsonrx13
Yea, it would be great if you could make it... biggrin.gif

Once I get mine back on the road, I'll drive up to your area and we'll have a central gulf coast teener meet/breakfast/lunch/dinner BS session.

Good luck with the AX. Remember, if you don't take any cones out, you're not finding the edge of the car/driver...
URY914
I'll be there.

How about TC and Steve Gag...

Paul
Qarl
Damn... will be in Michigan that day.. .otherwise I would come...
carr914
Sorry guys, I can't make it, I have to work for Skip Barber at Moroso that weekend.
T.C.
URY914
TC= Name dropper!

Skip Barber ohmy.gif driving.gif
smg914
Sounds like a great idea. Count me in. I will also get my buddy Ray with his 914 LE to attend. The only problem is that Ray's car needs the shift likage coupler bushings replaced and I'm leaving tomorrow for a 2 week road trip to Virgina and Pennsylvania. I will only have a few hours available on that preceeding Friday to try and replace the bushings for him. I will also invite Rob from St. Pete and Joe from Clearwater. I'll let you know if Ray, Rob and Joe will attend.
smg914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Nov 20 2004, 07:05 AM)
Location suggestions:
I was thinking of Cracker Barrel off of I-4 at the Mango exit, west of Tampa. Large parking lot and lots of tables.

Don't you mean East of Tampa? I'm assuming you are referring to the Cracker Barrel on I-4 just East of I-75. I believe it is in the Thonotosassa area. Big RV place beside it.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 21 2004, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Nov 20 2004, 07:05 AM)
Location suggestions:
I was thinking of Cracker Barrel off of I-4 at the Mango exit, west of Tampa.  Large parking lot and lots of tables.

Don't you mean East of Tampa? I'm assuming you are referring to the Cracker Barrel on I-4 just East of I-75. I believe it is in the Thonotosassa area. Big RV place beside it.

Yep, you're right, I've changed the original. You see, everything is west of me in Plant City, hahahaha.

T.C., too bad you can't make it, but if it turns out well, I want to plan a breakfast/lunch maybe every 2-3 months.

Steve, let me know who else can make it. I'm going to try to get to the resturant early to get on the list, therefore, I'll need to know if anyone is bringing their significant other.
BiG bOgGs
Add my wife Satcey and 2 little tykes (2years and by that time my little girl will be 3 weeks) to my RSPV mueba.gif
URY914
I know of three others in the area that Steve didn't list.

I'll email 'em.

I'm car is all taken apart. Engine is out and I cutting out the rear end (more).

This sucks, I need a street 'teener.

Paul
BiG bOgGs
Me Trazan wife Stacey....sorry I spelled it wrong in my last post sad.gif
URY914
Trazan,

You putinn', you, Stacey, boy and baby in a 914 for a 2 hour drive?

Do you have one of those rare limo 914's?

Paul
BiG bOgGs
I have a Dream 914....the one I am dreaming about getting huh.gif

We will be traveling in the family truckster (Pontiac Aztec) smile.gif

Right now I am in a doorless/topless Samurai with a hand painted silver, grey, and black camo paint job and what your average 914 owner would classify as minimal rust and what a normal person would classify as a rust bucket wacko.gif

My hope is to catch some drops of wisdom from actual 914 owners, because so far every non-914 owner laughs and then suggests I buy a 911. Then they look at me like I am nuts when I tell them that I think 911s are ugly biggrin.gif
carr914
Paul there is an Olympic Blue up on 41 in Lutz at a car lot for 3k. It looked good at a drive by. It could be you.
T.C.
URY914
Could you tell the year?

Paul
Rouser
Cracker Barrel, huh? That's down the street from where I work (USPS Sabal Park).

Guess that means I'll have to vacuum out the inside, and throw a coat of wax on the thing. Thought I'd have the new carpet installed first. Heck, maybe I'll do it this weekend.

OK, I'm in. What the heck, might as well show what a daily-driver looks like ... when it's daily-driven. I enjoy it as often as possible; after all, 914's do break. I'm also not much into garage/beauty queens, so be kind.
carr914
Paul, it was a small bumper car, I'll see if the next few days I can maybe take a better look see.
T.C.
watsonrx13
Rouser, glad you can make it. You and I talked for several hours after I got the first of the three teeners that I have. It was about 2 yrs ago. Anyway, looking forward to meeting you vis-a-vis.

Paul, go on and buy the car, it's probably a daily driver, runs great and NO RUST biggrin.gif then you can bring it to the breakfast.
URY914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Nov 22 2004, 04:22 PM)

Paul, go on and buy the car, it's probably a daily driver, runs great and NO RUST biggrin.gif then you can bring it to the breakfast.

If it has some rust I can always bring over to your place and you can fix'r up for me. beerchug.gif

Paul
watsonrx13
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 22 2004, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Nov 22 2004, 04:22 PM)

Paul, go on and buy the car, it's probably a daily driver, runs great and NO RUST  :D then you can bring it to the breakfast.

If it has some rust I can always bring over to your place and you can fix'r up for me. beerchug.gif

Paul

No problem, if it's rust we can fix it.... biggrin.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
carr914
Paul, it's a 73, looks like a 2.0 litre, but the passenger side jack point is rusted away (didn't even look at the drivers side after that) the paint is burned off. Looked like it was originally an Ohio and now has Alabama plate ( watch out could be a title problem)
T.C.
URY914
Thanks, but no thanks.

Paul
carr914
agree.gif Thats what I thought, but I figured I'd let you know so you didn't go searching
T.C.
watsonrx13
Paul and Jeff, just received an e-mail from Dave Hastings, he will not be able to attend the breakfast, due to prior personal commitments. He is definately interested in attending the next one.
watsonrx13
icon_bump.gif Happy post-Thanksgiving... biggrin.gif
jwalters
chowtime.gif hey-just got the gouge on the breakfast--count me in--I neeeed a reason to get out of Fort Lauderdale!!! What time is the event to happen?? I drive that way all the time, my baby girl lives in Alabama. And seeing as I am about to bring my current runner down for a complete re-do, now is the time to give it one last road triiiiiiiiiiipppp......... happy11.gif beerchug.gif
BiG bOgGs
Hey Rob, looks we have some interest from the East coast! clap56.gif
jwalters
beer.gif darn tootin--forgot to let you know my given is Jonathan Walters--but most everyone I know just calls me JW--don't know why, confused24.gif just sticks----I am going to trip yall out with mine teener---have your cameras ready when I roll up!!! smoke.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(jwalters @ Nov 27 2004, 09:20 AM)
chowtime.gif hey-just got the gouge on the breakfast--count me in--I neeeed a reason to get out of Fort Lauderdale!!!  What time is the event to happen?? I drive that way all the time, my baby girl lives in Alabama. And seeing as I am about to bring my current runner down for a complete re-do, now is the time to give it one last road triiiiiiiiiiipppp......... happy11.gif    :beer2:

JW, welcome to the club and to the breakfast. As the title mentions, the breakfast will start at 9:14 am, see the first post for any changes.

Look forward to seeing you and your teener... biggrin.gif
watsonrx13
OK, it looks like we'll have 12 attendees, including SO and children. I'll contact Cracker Barrel and see if we can reserve a table for 10-15. If anyone is bringing someone extra, and I haven't been notified, let me know.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying a nice southern breakfast.
smg914
I just arrived home from a 2 week road trip to Virginia and Pennsylvania. I will verify this tomorrow but Joe Courey ('74 2 liter) told me that he would attend, Brian Canfield ('74 914-6 race car) said he will attend if he is not working and I will check with Rob Quarles ('73 2 Liter) on Wednesday. Also, Ray Oaks ('74 LE) will be attending.
newdeal2
I will be bringing my wife...the best half!
watsonrx13
Wow, with Steve's posting, looks like we're going to have between 15-20 show for the breakfast. clap56.gif

Again, looking forward to meeting everyone... biggrin.gif
URY914
How about hats for attendees?
watsonrx13
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 1 2004, 09:49 AM)
How about hats for attendees?

Yea, buy your own and wear them.... biggrin.gif
smg914
Well, I got the RSVP's and here is their status:

Ray Oaks - Will attend
Rob Quarles - Will attend
Steve Gaglione - Will attend
Joe Courey - Will not be able to attend
Brian Canfield - Will not be able to attend
watsonrx13
Steve, thanks for the update, I've changed the attendee list on the first page.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing their cars... boldblue.gif
Qarl
Sorry I can't join in!

I am off to Detroit tomorrow. Maybe we can plan another get-together in January. Maybe I'll have the Elise by then...
jwalters
sad.gif Sad to say I will not be able to make it---having a bad time getting over my surgery. I took it to the wire in hopes that I will make it, but the pain is still too intense, there is no possible way that I could make it there. Wish everyone well, and I am sure this is not the last time a group will get together. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.