Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nelson's count down.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
I just got off the phone with Joe O'Brien. He is still in Fl. But on his way to Rio Rancho. He says he will be there Tuesday. Damn Jon, I am jelious. I was thinking of posting his phone number, but it is on the bottom of every post he makes.
JoeSharp
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
So Jon you will have to post some when your babe arrives.
carr914
SWAG can hardly wait!
Madswede
Yeehaa!! w00t.gif I can hardly wait. There's been space waiting for her in my garage for a while now, but like all garage space it managed to breed empty boxes and /4 parts. rolleyes.gif

Pictures will be posted when it arrives! For now, here's the one from NARP that O'Brien posted of the car being loaded up in DeLand early this morning. shades.gif

Click to view attachment
ellisor3
You know Joe drug his feet for the last three months so he could driving.gif . It will have 30,000 miles on it when it gets there. chair.gif Great that it is finally headed home Nelson.
FourBlades

All Joe's cars are unreal but that one is especially perfect.

Not to mention super potent with that engine Joe built for you.

When are you moving to Florida so we can see the car again? biggrin.gif

John
carr914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Mar 31 2013, 02:53 PM) *

Yeehaa!! w00t.gif I can hardly wait. There's been space waiting for her in my garage for a while now, but like all garage space it managed to breed empty boxes and /4 parts. rolleyes.gif

Pictures will be posted when it arrives! For now, here's the one from NARP that O'Brien posted of the car being loaded up in DeLand early this morning. shades.gif

Click to view attachment

What? Joe's not driving it to NM?
JoeSharp
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Sooo... TC: When is the next COTM.
Jesse
any idea where he is stopping for the night? if it is near Mobile i would like to go say hello.
Madswede
QUOTE(Jesse @ Mar 31 2013, 06:24 PM) *

any idea where he is stopping for the night? if it is near Mobile i would like to go say hello.

That's pretty cool man, but I talked to O'Brien on the phone about an hour ago. He was in the middle of a torrential downpour in Gulfport, so he's well past Mobile now. He's planning on making it to Alexandria, LA tonight. blink.gif He doesn't mess around in traveling. Should make the next two days much easier, going that far.

And TC, no, he's not driving my car 'cos he's continuing on to pick up a ton of stuff in CA at Joe's place in Huntington Beach. You'd know this if you payed attention to ClubNARP 1/1000th as much as you do here. poke.gif

I'm still trying to clean out my garage. wacko.gif If it wasn't for the last minute nothing would ever get done.
Jesse
mabe we will catch him on the retun trip.
Also my inlaws live in Grants, NM we need to go visit them ... i have put it off for 8 years evilgrin.gif
VegasRacer
Wills and I have a bet on who's car will be louder. first.gif
He says Nelson's. nuke.gif I think Shea's. hearts.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 31 2013, 08:00 PM) *

The bet is off if neither one of these ladies take their cars off the trailers. happy11.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 31 2013, 09:00 PM) *

Interesting bet. I think I might be the only person to have heard both run, in person, standing right next to them ... and I don't know which one would win! (then again, mine was running a bit rough before Joe could fix it - that's what the break-in is for after all!)
Madswede
QUOTE(Jesse @ Mar 31 2013, 08:10 PM) *

mabe we will catch him on the retun trip.
Also my inlaws live in Grants, NM we need to go visit them ... i have put it off for 8 years evilgrin.gif

You know, Grants is right on the way to Arizona which reminds me of something ... oh yeah! Rt66 Ramble! poke.gif Gotta make it next year, now. You can use the ramble as an excuse to ditch the in-laws for a day or two. happy11.gif
Series9
Don't worry Nelson, if your's isn't loud enough, I have a hole saw with me....

w00t.gif
JoeSharp
I'll call after the sun comes up but I believe Jon has his car.
JoeSharp
Jon has driven his car I'm just waiting for a comment. Just like the rest of you I can't wait to hear from him and Joe.
I say again, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif.
Madswede
Sorry, we're working on some final details. Almost done. Will have pics and maybe a link to video with sound later today. That's my goal.

Incidentally, I need a 90 degree angle drive to get my speedo working. It doesn't have to get here before we leave friday, but I'd love to have it at Rt66 so I can drive home with some idea of how fast I'm going. Posted thread on ClubNARP about it. Anyone got one for me?? I'll give ya a hug! grouphug.gif And some cash, too. rolleyes.gif
d914
get a cheap GPS!! the have a speedo function!!!
JoeSharp
Hey Jon, I have the angle drive here if you guys will get me your address I will overnight it to you.
Rand
QUOTE(d914 @ Apr 3 2013, 04:04 PM) *

get a cheap GPS!! the have a speedo function!!!

Or a free speedo app for your phone.
Madswede
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 3 2013, 08:13 PM) *

Hey Jon, I have the angle drive here if you guys will get me your address I will overnight it to you.

Thanks Joe! You rock! Pm sent.
Madswede
Here's a pic of the car going through some adjustments. Brake bleeding, in this case, as well as putting some adhesive on a seal, installing seat belts, and some other stuff.

Click to view attachment
Madswede
Here's a pic of her sitting in front of a restaurant where I probably could have used a roll of tickets for all the folks that wanted rides! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Madswede
wub.gif

Click to view attachment
Madswede
w00t.gif

Click to view attachment
FourBlades

ITBs... wub.gif

That has to sound unreal.

John
StratPlayer
Congrats,,,, very very nice... first.gif
Madswede
Thanks! I'm at Midas getting alignment done more precisely to Joe's specs. They thought it was a Ferrari at first. laugh.gif but they're being cool with my anxiety. rolleyes.gif
ThePaintedMan
Congrats Nelson!!!! Turned out beautiful! That doesn't excuse you from the Tropical Ramble though next year smile.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 4 2013, 12:54 AM) *

drooley.gif wub.gif

Is there a thread on the engine build?
r_towle
Need to hear it....

Rich
AZ914
Awesome Nelson!! Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

Watch your ankles around that Dansk!
Madswede
Engine build: not exactly a thread on that, probably should get O'Brien to write down notes and post it, or I will.

Hearing it: I'm trying to get some video with audio but time has been against me. It will happen at some point!

Exhaust: I've already got marks on my shins from it!

lol-2.gif dry.gif Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Beautiful Jon and Joe. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.