Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shock Surprise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Received my new Bilsteins and Murphy came a calling on the first one, the left front. I removed the old KYB shock and noticed how beefy the Bilstein is compared to this low end shock.

Click to view attachment

I looked into the shock tube and noticed it was a bit rusty.

Click to view attachment

So I ran a 2" wide fitting brush thru several times to clean it however the shock would not slip in the last few inchs. I pulled it out and noticed so green paint on the inside by the weld tab so I ran a rotary file in that area and tried inserting the shock again. No difference and the green paint mark was in the same area. Then it dawned on me. If this car was ever hit in this area the steel tab on the outside would take the blow first and push in. Crap headbang.gif . I then called Ethan to ask an unrelated question and found he had a spare. cheer.gif A quick driving.gif and I had the replacement to keep the momentum going. There is some advantage to running a 4 bolt set up; parts availability! And now to the rear.........

Click to view attachment

euro911
Cool. Looks like you're in hip deep thumb3d.gif
Valy
Nice shocks but where are your jackstands? poke.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Valy @ Mar 31 2013, 06:00 PM) *

Nice shocks but where are your jackstands? poke.gif

All his cinder blocks were being used elsewhere. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.