Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Tee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rog914
I thought I saw a Brake Tee that someone made that didn't need any or much modification to fit(no need to bend brake lines). Has anybody seen or know where I can get one? Thanks for any help, Ralph

74 2.0
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rog914 @ May 19 2003, 01:11 PM)
I thought I saw a Brake Tee that someone made that didn't need any or much modification to fit(no need to bend brake lines). Has anybody seen or know where I can get one? Thanks for any help, Ralph

74 2.0

it's a stock VW-Bug part. go to any VW/Bug shop and ask for the BUG-Brake Tee ...

Andy
campbellcj
You still have to bend/move your lines a bit for the VW tee though. It is significantly smaller than the stock 914 prop valve, therefore the 3 flared fittings will not end up in exactly the same place. Very close though!

It's usually < $10 new and perhaps even free, from a pick-a-part. Can't complain about that.
Zeke
Someone in San Diego makes a CNC billet version of the thing. I agree that a small extension should be available so it's a bolt up deal.
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 19 2003, 10:15 PM)
It is significantly smaller than the stock 914 prop valve, therefore the 3 flared fittings will not end up in exactly the same place. Very close though!

2 of the lines go right back in, the 3rd has to be bent a bit.
but not too bad at all. a direct bolt in would be nice tho ...

Andy
Rog914
Thanks for the reply Andy, ChrisC and Milt. I just want to see how much of a difference there is without the P/V. Want to take the 914 on an empty parking lot and run it hard (in cornering & straights) to see how bad the rears will lock-up. If I don't like the way it acts I can always put the P/V back. But I'm worried about bending 30 year old brake lines.

Milt, Thanks again for your reply. I thought I saw or heard of that CNC billet version somewhere but, can't remember where. If you or anybody finds out where or who makes this part please let me know.

Ralph

74 2.0
campbellcj
If you have stock brakes, you probably don't want to remove the prop valve...you will end up with too much rear bias.
Rog914
ChrisC, That's why I want try it myself. Some people say it's ok and some say don't do it. I want to find out for myself safely on an empty parking lot. I have full set of rebuilt calipers and frozen, slotted and drilled rotors going on soon after I try the Tee fitting to see if I like it or not.

Ralph

74 2.0
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rog914 @ May 21 2003, 04:20 AM)
ChrisC, That's why I want try it myself.

make sure to post your results here ...
my15window
can you get the p.v. off with the motor in itlooks like the top screw is un accessable?
SirAndy
QUOTE(my15window @ May 21 2003, 04:12 PM)
can you get the p.v. off with the motor in itlooks like the top screw is un accessable?

i did it (actually put it back ON the car). it's a PITA ...
you have to come in from the side (driver) and top with a open wrench.

the second one i did was with the engine out, whic is a piece of cake ...

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.