Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS Brake Hoses and Caliper Seal Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
I need to redo my brae system and I have been looking at the usual vendors, like Autoatlanta, Pelican, and Summit, but can't seem to find any SS hoses, or caliper and master cylinder rebuild kits. I have seen some new items on eBay, but I'm reluctant to buy them without knowing the seller. Any experience or advice out there?
Rand
Rubber is typically recommended over SS for street lines. Check with PMB/Eric here for top notch parts and service.
Krieger
There were DOT approved ss lines two years ago when I bought. PMB does have caliper rebuild kits. Amost everyone buys a new master cylinder vs rebuilding.
76-914
agree.gif PMB, then read the break in procedure at his site.
damesandhotrods
They are stainless steel hoses, lines are rigid. The problem isn’t DOT approval, the problem is because of the stainless steel braid, the hoses cannot really be inspected, they should be removed and replaced at regular intervals. And second, if you look around here at the pictures of how people have plumbed stainless steel hoses, you’ll see a lot of mistakes being made.
Mblizzard
Drop Eric at PMB a PM and get his take. I just installed his rear calipers and they are flawless. They even have videos of the rebuild process you should check out. Given the age of these cars, you have to think about the best choice. I saw other rebuild kits and calipers but none of them even came close to what Eric has to offer. I am a skeptic most of the time but PMP is that good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.