Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Title - Need Surity Bond - Recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nie Zu Alt
Hey Folks,

I’m looking for a recommendation on who to use (or not to use) to obtain an Automobile Title Surety Bond. There are plenty of firms listed on-line to choose from, but I'd like to not have to pick one blindly.

In Colorado, a Surety Bond is required as part of the process for getting a title on a car when the title is lost or non-existent. The bond is issued based on the appraised value of the vehicle, and I pay a percentage of that value as the fee for the bond. In my case the title is long gone.

Thanks,

Doug
bandjoey
Any insurance company. Farmers did mine. $50 about 4years ago.
rick 918-S
agree.gif any insurance company can do it. It's no big deal. It cost $ 300.00 for our 66 Beetle. Paid by the P.O. before we got the car. I did the same thing for our 59 Healey through Am Fam.

Call your insurance company and ask them what they require to do it for you.
Nie Zu Alt
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I called my helpful friendly State Farm agent and we are on our way.

My 914 will now have a 1957 VW Double Door Panel Bus to keep it company in the garage. piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
bshounen
yeah dont say...
brant
Very cool.

I looked online once for a bond and it was more than I liked. How bad was it Doug?
cjgb914
I used SuretyBonds.com on one of my 914's just this year, seems like it ran me a little over 100 bucks. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.