Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member with some questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grandpa6
Hello I am new here, I found this website with the help of my grandson yesterday (Easter), I thought it is time to sell my x19/6 and this looks like a good place to start. I bought this car after I graduated from college and I was in Europe for the summer in 1973. While visiting some friends in Switzerland I met a fellow name Paul Keller, he had the special race version of the 911, he said he was interested in selling his old beat-up x19 that had an ugly yellow-orange paint job. I brought the car back to the states I had the car striped to metal and had to change out some real flimsy fiberglass parts with steel ones and I painted Ferrari Red (my favorite color). I will load some picture taken with my camera phone and can provide more if anyone is interested.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
grandpa6
I almost forgot to put the old picture of the car as I bought it
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Welcome to the site. Your car is a x19 Fiat not an X-19 (Fiat). It may even be a x19-6 which is more desirable.

If you look along the drive's side windshield pillar, the vertical post along the edge of the windshield, you should see a metal label with some numbers on it. Please locate that and then post those numbers here.

If you can't get to or find that one, in the front trunk, on top of the passenger's side fender will be a series of numbers stamped into the the top of the fender well - they are the same as the windshield label and are the VIN or Vehicle Identification Number of the car.

Whether or not that series of numbers begin with a 4 or a 9 will help determine the value of your car.
brant
beautiful!

those are good fenders
don't let anyone tell you differently

putting fiberglass onto the car lightens it and makes it handle 2x better

your car is worth A LOT of money

happy day

rhodyguy
april fools i think dry.gif . the b&w picture was a bit too much. if not, let the bidding war begin.

k

rmital
...this is April first..... confused24.gif

if not, I'll be right up there and help you clean out your garage... flag.gif
grandpa6
sorry I made a mistake, it is a x19/6, I put a new rear badge because the old one had a VW on it.
I will have to check the VIN number, you have have me all excited now!
gms
welcome.png
That is a very interesting car you have, it looks like it might have a racing history?
I know there was a Paul Keller who race a x19 in 1971, could this be the same person?
we need a picture of the VIN, it is probably a euro car so you will need to look on the passenger side wheel house, it should begin with x19
grandpa6
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 1 2013, 08:37 AM) *

welcome.png
That is a very interesting car you have, it looks like it might have a racing history?
I know there was a Paul Keller who race a x19 in 1971, could this be the same person?
we need a picture of the VIN, it is probably a euro car so you will need to look on the passenger side wheel house, it should begin with x19

Yes Paul was a racecar driver, he had a 911.
here is a picture of the VIN, it is 9140430013
gms
PM sent
brant
ha
grandpa6
GMS just offered me $13,000 does this sound fair?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(grandpa6 @ Apr 1 2013, 10:56 AM) *

I would jump on that If I were you. gms has way too much money.
ThePaintedMan
welcome.png

Great suggestions above. Another thing to point out, the x19s and x19/6s came with a hole in the chassis longitudinal from the factory to allow water down into the subframe. This water helps clean out any debris in there and was a way to ensure that the car would loose pounds of weight over its life, making it even lighter and faster. Unfortunately most people on this forum will try to lead you astray and tell you to fix it via welding replacement metal in there (do a search, you'll find plenty of threads documenting the process). You should NOT patch that "hell" hole. In fact, the rustier the better. If you feel that you absolutely must cover the hole, make sure you use plenty of Bondo, silicone, or fiberglass or any combination thereof. PM me if you have any questions!

brant

nice number there!

love it.
take his money
but have it sent by money wire to my nigerian bank!
I will cut you a check for double if you pick my wife up at the airport
grandpa6
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 1 2013, 09:00 AM) *

welcome.png

Great suggestions above. Another thing to point out, the x19s and x19/6s came with a hole in the chassis longitudinal from the factory to allow water down into the subframe. This water helps clean out any debris in there and was a way to ensure that the car would loose pounds of weight over its life, making it even lighter and faster. Unfortunately most people on this forum will try to lead you astray and tell you to fix it via welding replacement metal in there (do a search, you'll find plenty of threads documenting the process). You should NOT patch that "hell" hole. In fact, the rustier the better. If you feel that you absolutely must cover the hole, make sure you use plenty of Bondo, silicone, or fiberglass or any combination thereof. PM me if you have any questions!

I am getting the impression that you guys are making fun of me???
grandpa6
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 1 2013, 09:04 AM) *

nice number there!

love it.
take his money
but have it sent by money wire to my nigerian bank!
I will cut you a check for double if you pick my wife up at the airport

Is GMS a scammer?
brant
QUOTE(grandpa6 @ Apr 1 2013, 11:05 AM) *

welcome.png

not making fun of you
making fun of gms
gms
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 1 2013, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(grandpa6 @ Apr 1 2013, 11:05 AM) *

welcome.png

not making fun of you
making fun of gms

WTF.gif
rhodyguy
add one more 0 and you're ballparking. 1/4,000,000 if you had left the decals on.
grandpa6
I have been invited over to a site 914club.com by a nice man named George, I am not fond of your humor on this site, even if it is April fools day.
brant
nice
Dr Evil
popcorn[1].gif

Dr Evil
Has anyone checked the VIN against the database?
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(grandpa6 @ Apr 1 2013, 01:17 PM) *

I have been invited over to a site 914club.com by a nice man named George, I am not fond of your humor on this site, even if it is April fools day.

All of us Georges are nice guys. And we are all avid x19 fans!
rhodyguy
i sure will hate viewing your car in a 'bubble boy' bubble at the AA website.
Cairo94507
DOH! April 1st av-943.gif
grandpa6
A fellow named Armando sent me an e-mail saying it was probably a GT, can someone tell me what that means?
Dr Evil
GT = good trade. You can trade it for something easily as it is desirable. I have a 98 ricer forester if you are interested.
gms
APRIL FOOLS BITCHES!
av-943.gif
Hans Zupp
I uze too vrench on this car when I verk for the team at Bremgarten track.

Peter Zbinden vast the winner, our team come in 6th place vith Paul at the vheel GT 1.6.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 1 2013, 12:29 PM) *

APRIL FOOLS BITCHES!
av-943.gif beer3.gif

Funny!
SLITS
When you leave to go to Georges' .... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
KELTY360
This is a bummer sad.gif I've been looking for a good x1/9.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 1 2013, 01:37 PM) *

This is a bummer sad.gif I've been looking for a good x1/9.

Having owned a number of Fiats from that era and earlier, I think that's like saying you're looking for a good kick in the groin. Some people enjoy being kicked there, and you might enjoy your X. smile.gif

Really, I think the X's were probably maintainable back when newish, but now it's so hard to find people that know what they're doing when it comes to working on Fiats here in the states. The only reason I was able to own Fiats was because I had a large support group locally and was able to work on it/them almost every weekend.

Fiats vs. Porsches - Fiats were meant to be driven into the ground and thrown away. Porsches were meant to be worked on, maintained and kept up. By the time I stopped with my Fiat phase, I almost never wanted to pick up a wrench again.

A well setup X with a good motor, tires, flares is a lot of fun. It's different than a x19, but they handle quite nice. Just gotta keep the little motor wound up. They also are a LOT smaller than a x19, have almost no cargo space, and the drivetrain was ripped out of a 128 and turned backwards. smile.gif Not exactly purpose built, but again, fun and now quite rare. It's been sometime since I've seen one on the road.

OK, sorry for hijacking this Glenn!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.