Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 914 on CL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
An interesting car. I don't think its as interesting as the current owner thinks it is but I thought I would post a link for exposure and to get "The World's" thoughts on it. I have seen the car personally and remember the rust being pretty bad. I would love for the right person to buy this car that knows what they are getting into and not some dreamer that will go around bad mouthing 914s from that point forward lol-2.gif . Anyway, I have 0 affiliation with the seller of the car just wanted to help give it a better chance of finding a good home, and if I'm being honest, I also wanted to see what some of the more "skeptical" experts would say about this add. stirthepot.gif

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3716121299.html
Cap'n Krusty
Pretty close to our friend in Atlanta .......................

The Cap'n
McMark
Would have been nice to post a lot more pictures.

Looking at our VIN database, it's not early enough to really be interesting. It would be nice to see it brought back to life though.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Apr 1 2013, 12:26 PM) *

An interesting car. I don't think its as interesting as the current owner thinks it is but I thought I would post a link for exposure and to get "The World's" thoughts on it. I have seen the car personally and remember the rust being pretty bad. I would love for the right person to buy this car that knows what they are getting into and not some dreamer that will go around bad mouthing 914s from that point forward lol-2.gif . Anyway, I have 0 affiliation with the seller of the car just wanted to help give it a better chance of finding a good home, and if I'm being honest, I also wanted to see what some of the more "skeptical" experts would say about this add. stirthepot.gif

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3716121299.html

VIN is in data base as 4702901610.
brant
OK, I HAVE COLLECTED CARS FOR OVER 14 YEARS AND OWN A HIGH END RESTORATION SHOP. I HAVE HAD THIS IN MY PERSONAL COLLECTION FOR OVER 10 YEARS. ACCORDING TO Fiat AG THIS IS ONE OF THE OLDEST 914S EVER INPORTED INTO AMERICA. IT EVEN HAS THE RARE FUCHS 5 STAR LOOKING RIMS THAT THEY ONLY RELEASED ON THE 6 CYL MODELS AFTER THE FIRST BOATLOAD CAME OVER. THIS CAR WAS OWNED BY ONE OF Fiat'S DRIVER AND HAS A SPECIAL THANK YOU PLAQUE STAMPED IN FRONT WINDSHIELD PILLAR TO HIM. THE STORY AS BEST I HAVE TRACKED DOWN OVER THE YEARS IS THAT THIS GUY RACED FOR Fiat IN THE OPEN SCCA CIRCUIT AND TOOK DELIVERY OF TWO MATCHING 914S FROM FIRST SHIPMENT. ONE WAS A 6 CYL PROTOTYPE THAT HE RACED ALL THROUGH THE 70S AND EARLY 80S AND YES YOU CAN GOOGLE HIS NAME AND IT SHOWS HE WAS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES. THIS WAS FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD HIS DAILY DRIVER FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. HE DIED AND HAD A HUGE TAX DEBT FROM UNCLAIMED RACE WINNINGS AND THE CAR WAS SIEZED. THE CAR SAT IN GOVT IMPOUND YARD FROM 82ISH TILL 98 WHEN I FOUND IT BEING EXPORTED BY A COMPANY THAT BOUGHT A HUGE SURPLUS LOAD FROM THE ARIZONA SEIZURE YARD. I BOUGHT THE CAR SIGHT UNSEEN AND IT HAS SAT IN DRY STORAGE SINCE THEN. THE CAR SHOWS 54000 MILES AND I AM POSITIVE IT IS CORRECT AS THE INSIDE AND ALL DOOR PLAQUES LOOK AS IF THEY WERE JUST STAMPED. I DISCONNECTED THE GAS TANK AND HAVE NEVER STARTED HER BUT I HAVE TO THIN OUT MY COLLECTION AS WITH 40 CARS I RUNNING OUT OF ROOM FOR CLIENTS CARS. I TOWED IT UP TO MY SHOP AND I AM LOVING FOR ITS FOREVER HOME. ALL PARTS ARE WITH THE CAR AND FROM 10 FT IT LOOKS PERFECT. CAR HAS SOME RUST IN THE WHEEL WELLS AND FEW OTHER PLACES BUT IS ALMOST PERFECT ON TOPSIDE. I HAVE NO DOUBT THIS CAR IS ALL THAT I HAVE DESCRIBED AND MORE. I OWN 6 911S AND SEVERAL OTHER RARE PORSCHES THAT ARE NOT FOR SALE BUT THIS NEEDS TO GO TO A COLLECTOR.
WHAT I WILL NOT DO
SELL IT TO SOMEONE WANTING PARTS....NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS
SELL IT TO A TEENAGER LOOKING FOR A CHEAP CAR TO FIX AND DRIVE
I DONT HAVE TO SELL IT BUT I WOULD LIKE FOR IT TO GO TO A COLLECTOR WHO WILL AS I HAVE MY PORSCHES LOVE IT FOR THE HISTORY AND THE CAR. IT IS THE FOUR CYL MODEL WITH A BUILD DATE OF EARLY DEC WHICH PUTS IT ON THE FIRST CARGO SHIP COMING TO AMERICA. THE FIRST LOAD FOR PUBLIC SALE HIT CALI COAST ON THE LAST DAYS OF FEB OR FIRST DAYS OF MARCH. Fiat WAS HEADQUARTERED IN CALI IN THOSE DAYS UNLIKE ITS ATL HEADQUARTERS NOW. I AM OFFERING THIS NOT BECAUSE I NEED THE MONEY ECT BUT BECAUSE I CANT STAND TO SEE IT SIT ANY LONGER
THANKS
DANIEL\
678-725-0592
OTTOSCUSTOMS.COM

holy sheet...
I want a set of those rare 5 star factory rims like the rare 6cylinder cars!
so many idiots in this world
bandjoey
April's Fool.........I hope WTF.gif
messix
who ever go's to look at that car needs to wear their shit kickers and a shit shovel! shades.gif
brant
otto owns 6 911's and several other rare Fiat's...
yet he doesn't know about the rare riveria option
and he has been collecting this rare car for 10 years, but it looks like it still has the auction-junkyard crayon on the window...

too bad when he is busy "collecting" he doesn't actually fix anything
SLITS
Wish the two X1/9s I owned were made by Fiat instead of Tony!!!!!
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 1 2013, 01:17 PM) *

April's Fool.........I hope WTF.gif

Nope, its for real. The guy has some cool cars but I'm not sure how accurate his description is on this one.
bandjoey
Check out his web site. A few good cars there.
dlkawashima
Why are you guys talking about Fiats? That CL car is obviously is a Fiero.
skeates
Sweet!! So all I have to do is sandblast my riviera rims and I too can have those rare 5-star factory rims too? Anyone interested in them can keep a look out in the classifieds. I'm thinking I'd give club members a solid discount at $500 a rim?
Cairo94507
Those rare wheels occasionally come on the market for about $150 for all 4.......just saying. shades.gif
rick 918-S
I'm thinking boatload of crap.
sixnotfour

YES YOU CAN GOOGLE HIS NAME AND IT SHOWS HE WAS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES. THIS WAS FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD HIS DAILY DRIVER FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES

Who is the driver it was gifted to, with a plaque ???
bandjoey
Got a reply back. He's going to post more pics tomorrow. Still swears the wheels are original Fuchs and later cars had the cheap repos.
euro911
Those are 'sort of' rare early Riviera style wheels. I have one ... guess I'll have to take a closer look at the rear to see who made it confused24.gif
sixnotfour
Those are the wheels that came on the Formula Vee bug.
http://www.sebeetles.com/f_vee.htm
brant
its funny that VW marketed the wheel as a Formula Vee item...
since the scca wouldn't of allowed it to run on formula Vee's..

so its an early riveria, and possibly magnesium
made in oregon.
euro911
Formula Vee magnesium alloy wheel manufactured by Whitney Industries, Inc. and designed by co-owner Michael Gibbons. They were originally made for the Riviera Motors of Oregon owned Volkswagen Dealerships in 1968 and later made available to all US VW Dealers as part of the Formula Vee range - listed as the 'GT Mag Type'.
ezbngreen914
bump, icon_bump.gif

Just curious to see if anyone had looked into this car any further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.