Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel weights for 4-lug 15x5.5 Enkei 92s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Hi there all,
We've got three sets of potential wheels for the car and are trying to determine which are the lightest. Of course, one set is mounted, on the car now and before we go to mount new tires, we would like to determine which is the lightest set. The ones that are on the car now are Enkei 92s, which are 15x5.5 like the others.

Unfortunately sources like http://www.wheelweights.net/ do not have the weights for Enkeis. I was curious if anyone has a set and has already weighed them without the tires?

We have a set of Dan Gurneys and EMPI 8-spokes as well and once I get the numbers I'll post them here if anyone is interested.

Thanks!
McMark
Mine have tires. PM Rick 918-S
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 1 2013, 03:30 PM) *

Mine have tires. PM Rick 918-S

beerchug.gif Thanks Mark! You da man.
rick 918-S
I weighed a set months ago. Ask and you shall receive.
rick 918-S
Here's a set of Western Turbines.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Here's a 16" X 7" Fuch

ThePaintedMan
pray.gif Thanks Rick! I'll report back the other values when we get them weighed.

Do we already have a thread with all of the known wheel weights for the most popular rims for both the /4s and /6s? Anyone?
ThePaintedMan
Well, I think I might make this a small side project. I'm going to compile a list of wheel weights for the known wheels that fit our cars, both 4 and 5 lug. I'll post the Google Docs spreadsheet once I get it going.

As promised, we weighed the EMPI 15x5.5 8-spokes, and they're 16 lbs. As Rick mentioned, the Enkei 92 15x5.5s are 13.4 lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.