Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good News/Bad News
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ww914
So, I decided to check my suspension bushings and see what size torsion bars were in there. The rubber bushings were not in that bad of shape, but while I have it apart I ordered polybronze bushings to put back. The good news was that I discovered that someone had previously installed 22mm torsion bars. I wanted to put in at least 21mm bars, so I'll just keep what I have. The bad news is that the one marked R was on the left side of the car, looking forward, and the one marked L was on the right. The book says not to switch these, so should I put back the L on left and the R on the right now and does it matter which end goes to the front, that is the marked end or the unmarked end?

Thanks in advance.
brant
I would put them back the exact way they were when you pulled them out

if you are lucky they have been installed in that orientation since new

the markings are just a guide so that they always have the same direction of twisting forces

so keep them the same as they were when you took them out.

McMark
agree.gif
ww914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 1 2013, 01:31 PM) *

I would put them back the exact way they were when you pulled them out

if you are lucky they have been installed in that orientation since new

the markings are just a guide so that they always have the same direction of twisting forces

so keep them the same as they were when you took them out.

Hey Brant

Thanks so much for your quick response. What you say certainly makes sense. If I were to install them opposite of what they were, I could get some crazy spring rates, let alone taking a chance of braking one. Why didn't I think of that. I love this forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.