Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer Bulb Socket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
I'm doing a cleanup of the instrument cluster and replacing the instrument lights and indicators with LED's. (I know the Alternator lamp needs to be an actual bulb, not an LED..)

One of the bulb sockets from the Speedometer is broken, the center contact is pulled loose and the internal spring appears to be broken.
Click to view attachment

PET seems to list it as P/N 111-957-397 but looking it up on a number of sites it's listed as a bulb, not a socket.

Anybody able to confirm the P/N?

Anybody have a spare or two available ? If so, please let me know how much you would want for it.

Thanks,
Harvey
bluhun
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Apr 1 2013, 04:13 PM) *

I'm doing a cleanup of the instrument cluster and replacing the instrument lights and indicators with LED's. (I know the Alternator lamp needs to be an actual bulb, not an LED..)

One of the bulb sockets from the Speedometer is broken, the center contact is pulled loose and the internal spring appears to be broken.
Click to view attachment

PET seems to list it as P/N 111-957-397 but looking it up on a number of sites it's listed as a bulb, not a socket.

Anybody able to confirm the P/N?

Anybody have a spare or two available ? If so, please let me know how much you would want for it.

Thanks,
Harvey

The bulb holders can be purchased from Air Cooled.net for $7.95 each:

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/VDO-Gauge-Sen...w=50&page=2
HarveyH
Great, smile.gif

Thanks,
Harvey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.