Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Directional light failure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
My directional blinkers in my 75 have stopped working. I am using a tach from an SC since my car is running a Six. When I flip on either side blinker or the hazards the lights on in the tach illuminate but the exterior directional lights do not come on blink. I am not an electrical dude...so I need some help from ya'll...
r_towle
Did they ever work?

If so, fuses, blinker relay, grounds, bulbs, and dirty sockets.

Rich
Mike Bellis
Buy a new flasher relay.
bcheney
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 1 2013, 11:56 PM) *

Buy a new flasher relay.

Are they usually available locally? Where is the relay located...is it near the fuse panel?
bcheney

Buy a new flasher relay.

Are they usually available locally? Where is the relay located...is it near the fuse panel?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(bcheney @ Apr 2 2013, 10:16 AM) *

Buy a new flasher relay.

Local? Not sure. They run about $50 and it's located next to the other relays on the fuse panel.
Eric_Shea
I accidentally bought two for my car last week. PM me.
bcheney
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 2 2013, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(bcheney @ Apr 2 2013, 10:16 AM) *

Buy a new flasher relay.

Local? Not sure. They run about $50 and it's located next to the other relays on the fuse panel.

Thanks Mike. I did find where it plugs in. Gonna pick one up tomorrow at local supplier $30 bucks. Hope this solves the problem...wish I was better at diagnosing electrical stuff.
Mike Bellis
Both the flasher and highbeam relays are not typical relays.

The flasher relay has 2 internal, independant flashers. One for the dash and one for the exterior lamps.

The Highbeam has an internal cam that is toggled to and fro. The cam can wear and stop toggling.

Both relays can go bad and still "click".
Mblizzard
I was having blinker issues also. Purchased new flasher. Now both sides work but the right signal flashes at a rate 2 or 3 times that of the left side which seems normal.

Any thoughts on that issue?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.