Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Ford Taurus question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WoMBaT
Does anybody who owns a late model taurus know which is the GEM Module? I am installing an automatic starter...and need to know what I'm looking for. Is it the same assembly that the fuse box is connected to? Anyone got pictures??

WoMBaT
Brett W
It will probably need a transmission when you are done.
WoMBaT
It will probably need a transmission when you are done.

Why so? Seems to be fine, low miles and all.
WoMBaT
Has anyone successfully installed one of these remote starters in a vehicle?
Brad Roberts
I'm trying to think of someone who can help you. I have had them installed on multiple vehicles in the past, but it has been a LONG time since I have messed with them (8-10 years)

Tell me what the "GEM" is ? Is it the neutral safety switch ?

B
WoMBaT
It's the Generic Electronic Module. I think I have the right thing. There is supposed to be a 26 pin plug to the left of the steering column. I have found this. This, several relays and the fuse box are all kind of one thing all put together. It is just that my wires by the manufacturer's wiring chart don't do what the manual for the remote starter installation says. One should be positive and then go negative as you unlock the door with the key. The other should be negative and then go positive as you lock the door with the remote. They are BOTH positive ALWAYS.

I'll just wrap it up under the dash and wait for their tech support to open up on monday. sad.gif

Not sure why my wife wanted the damn thing anyway. Too inconvienent to go out and start the car on these cold Kansas mornings I guess. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.