Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I Missing Something?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
My motor mounts are completely cracked and I took one off to see what I have. Found the Following: Long Bolt with Nut, Metal Top Mounting Plate, Rubber Motor Mount attached to Metal Plate with Two Holes containing Two Bolts Washers and Nuts. That's it. No Metal Bottom Mounting Plate as shown on the AA exploded view on their web page. No Metal Bottom Plate on the other side either. Am I missing the Bottom Mounting Plates? Picture of the one I removed below.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SUNAB914
Those are transmission mounts, not motor.
rhodyguy
your mounts are spent. pretty sure you can adapt the 911 sport mounts (by elongating the bolt holes a tad like i did on the trans end). the 914 specific ones are nla afain. new u shaped plates for the top were avail at pelican. all pretty and anodized. replace the mounts and i have a fin that says your car will shift better.

k
luskesq
In answer to your question, from what I can see, yes, you are missing the cupped washer and a thick washer. I have a '70 and used the 911 sport mounts for both engine & tranny. As noted above, just a slight amount of easy modification. You may want to check the following for a few pictures and/or use the search function. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...2&hl=mounts

Keith
rhodyguy
i quit looking/figuring when i saw the mounts.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.