Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: MONSTER TRUCK SHOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Where I live there are not any cool race tracks or, a lot of AX competions but we do have Monster Trucks. Yes I live in Central Oregon, the rednecks and ranchers used to have it all to themselves. But now with the mass exodus of Californians moving north, outdoor lovin' gen x'ers, and golf crazy retirees it is a changing place. But you are still more likely to see a huge lift kit on some old ford than any kind of nice older sports car.

So my 3 year old loves race cars and monster trucks. The monster trucks came to town and we went. We're talking about an indoor arena, standard hockey/basketball court size. These trucks with 500hp and straight pipes are jumping cars and getting almost 20 feet off the ground at times. Then stopping just before hitting the cement wall. ohmy.gif

It was LOUD, but ya know what my boy loved it and it was pretty impressive what all that power can do.

You can tell, I don't get out much.
red914
you may not get out much, but you dont really need to. i bet most of the people here don't realize that you can see 5 snow covered volcanoes from bend, and by driving 20 minutes, then walking 10, you can be at a small, clear mountain lake at 6000 feet. oh, and you can easily get a good cup of coffee.

sorry, wasn't i supposed to tell?
MattR
QUOTE(Rhodes71/914 @ Nov 20 2004, 12:53 PM)
But now with the mass exodus of Californians moving north...

Its funny how a few thousand californias move north and its a mass exodus by oregon standards while california gets millions of new residents yearly and its considered standard wink.gif.

Anyway, that sounds fun! Our latest project at work is going to have me going to events like that working at a booth and trying to sell 18th scale versions of those cars. Its really a departure from what Im used to, but it might be fun.
Rhodes71/914
Anyway, that sounds fun! Our latest project at work is going to have me going to events like that working at a booth and trying to sell 18th scale versions of those cars. Its really a departure from what Im used to, but it might be fun.

Shouldn't be a problem selling those, it was a feeding frenzy at the souvenier stand. I think every little kid had something bought for them.

sorry, wasn't i supposed to tell?

I think it is to late to worry about that.
Deschutes county had more building permits pulled in the last year than both counties of the greater Portland area.

It is a beautiful place though.
Toast
Sounds like you had fun anyway. biggrin.gif

I like monster trucks and have wanted to go to one of those shows every year since I have been in California. Cant find no one who cares to go with me. sad.gif They just had one here a few weeks ago. Maybe next year I will just go by myself. finger.gif
GTeener
lol2.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(GTeener @ Nov 22 2004, 01:39 PM)
lol2.gif

I got to show this to my 4 yr old. He is a monster truck nut. Hey if it makes you feel any better my son and I go to the Monster truck races every year. and at intermission there is "LAWNMOWER RACES" I got to get me one of those.

Well at least it's not Barbies..
Root_Werks
Yep, I am 15 minutes to 3 different boat launches, two of them into the sound. The northwest is a great place. It doesn't rain enough anymore though. I think that use to keep most people away. Oh well. rolleyes.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 22 2004, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE(GTeener @ Nov 22 2004, 01:39 PM)
lol2.gif

I got to show this to my 4 yr old. He is a monster truck nut. Hey if it makes you feel any better my son and I go to the Monster truck races every year. and at intermission there is "LAWNMOWER RACES" I got to get me one of those.

Well at least it's not Barbies..

I hope it meets your 4 year old's approval wink.gif

Can't you just put lawnmower blades on your 914? biggrin.gif On "Monster Garage" they turned a Mustang into a lawnmower wink.gif
Toast
QUOTE(GTeener @ Nov 22 2004, 02:39 PM)
lol2.gif

LOL! laugh.gif lol2.gif

I'll have to get me one of those. Heck, maybe i'll do that to my teener.
Lou W
I've been down to the Cajon Speedway, just outside of San Diego, they have Boat Trailer Races twice a year. They actually strap the boats to the trailers and race them around a 3/8 mile circle track. It's alot of fun to watch. wacko.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(GTeener @ Nov 22 2004, 02:15 PM)
Can't you just put lawnmower blades on your 914?  :D On "Monster Garage"  they turned a Mustang into a lawnmower  ;)

I could do that to the project car. The yellow car would only cut the grass if there were AX cones all over the place. laugh.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE(Lou W @ Nov 22 2004, 04:42 PM)
I've been down to the Cajon Speedway, just outside of San Diego, they have Boat Trailer Races twice a year. They actually strap the boats to the trailers and race them around a 3/8 mile circle track. It's alot of fun to watch. wacko.gif

The "Rockford Speedway" is revered amongst the true hardcore hillbillies in this area for originating the loaded trailer races AND figure 8 school bus races on a 1/4 mile oval. Picture 8-10 school buses, after several laps now crossing in the center of the figure eight on a tiny little track, from opposite directions. w00t.gif chairfall.gif beerchug.gif

Before anybody gets their undies in a bundle, I get to use the term "hillbilies" without punishment because I am married to one. monkeydance.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 22 2004, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE(GTeener @ Nov 22 2004, 02:15 PM)
Can't you just put lawnmower blades on your 914?  :D On "Monster Garage"  they turned a Mustang into a lawnmower  ;)

I could do that to the project car.

idea.gif

They called this project 'Switchblade'
GTeener
Personally I liked the Porsche they turned into a driving range golf ball collector with return clown face cannon biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.