Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass front bumper. How much fore/aft movement when driving
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
I bought a gt style one piece glass bumper from Getty. It is mounted correctly and attached to the body well. The problem I think I have is that when I push on the bumper as oncoming air would, the center of the bumper flexes and the top edge of the bumper makes contact with the front edge of the trunk lid. At rest, the bumper sits 3/16 from the lid. I am assuming that this is going to happen when I drive. Any thoughts? I was thinking of putting a brace dead center between the body and bumper..
Eric_Shea
I put a brace on mine in that area.
Krieger
Thanks for the validation!
Krieger
I unscrewed one of the bolts that held in the front trunk latch. I stuck a length of metal to determine the distance from the body to the inside of front bumper. I had a scrap piece of aluminum about 2 inches wide that I used.
Krieger
I gooped the heck out of it with 3M seam sealer (I ended up putting a second load on) and stuffed it in place. It fits up under the trunk seal and against where the trunk latch is. Then I bolted the bumper back in place. Oh, I only unbolted one side of the bumper to fit it in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.