Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 - Tach - Turn Indicator Bulb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moldygreg
The turn indicator (on the VDO tach) does not work on my 1975 914.

I suspected the bulb was burn out. When I removed the bulb it was the 12V-1.2W (see attached) This is the style of bulb that illuminates the 'defrost' gauge near the shifter. In looking at the PET exploded diagram and PET shows the correct bulb should be 90063110290 (12V 2W bulb)

I'm wondering if the original owner got creative here. Do all of the VDO gauges use the same light bulbs? confused24.gif

Many thanks!
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Late cars use the small bulbs as you have found with small black holders Early cars (up 75) use the larger bulb with no holder. Yes, the defrost and the turnsignal bulb are the same. Some of the 74 cars have mix and match on the gauges.
moldygreg
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 2 2013, 07:09 PM) *

Late cars use the small bulbs as you have found with small black holders Early cars (up 75) use the larger bulb with no holder. Yes, the defrost and the turnsignal bulb are the same. Some of the 74 cars have mix and match on the gauges.

Thank you! Now I have to trace down why it's not illuminating!

Cheers.
Mblizzard
I have a similar problem with my 1975. But while the do flash, the dash indicators don't. But to add to the fun, everyonce in awhile one of the flash once and only once just to keep me guessing.

Let me know what you discover.
914Sixer
Mike,
Your problem sounds like a bad turn signal relay and or worn out contacts on the turn signal switch. You have to pull the wheel off to check copper contact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.