Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long Beach 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
There was bike shop on the south side of 2nd stree between Santa Ana and Pomona in Belmont Shores with this 914. It was so distinctive and excellent shape, I wondered whether it's been seen since. Owner my have a connection to John Rodgers ?
skline
I saw that car years ago, I dont think it has seen the street in many many years. Did you look inside of it? Does it even have an engine in it? I know it has been in there at least since 94.
rick 918-S
Too bad cool_shades.gif Someone should swap them a bug with a roof rack for there display and rescue that car! wub.gif
jim_hoyland
The sign on the side says it runs; interior is nice.
jim_hoyland
A closer look at the decals...was this the car that was on the cover of the Automotion Catalog before they became PP ??
skline
My dad bought me a bike from them back in the early seventies. They didnt have the car there then. I remember seeing it in there when I used to drive by working at the port of Long Beach. I always wanted to stop and ask if it was for sale.
jim_hoyland
I Never met the yowner either time I was there; the body and interior appear to be in excellent condition
hargray2
I thought AUTOMOTION became Performance Products.
rick 918-S
We should either resque this car from a seditary life or get the owner to join the BBS. (forum....ooops, get him to stop by the garage) biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Automotion did become PP; a lot of the same people still work at PP. Went out to their site in North Hollywood - or there abouts- and talked to guys I had ordered parts from back in 1985.
curtis
Is the car in the bike shop a six or a four? Would love to stop by and be a looky lou! biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
It's a four
jim_hoyland
Anyone ever come across this 914 ?
Jonathan Livesay
https://lbpost.com/business/small-business/...over-100-years/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.