Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Deffinitive HF Lift Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I've just finished several hours of reading threads going back a couple of years that start out.....Has anyone ever bought a HF scissor lift ?.....

Post #2 always is >...No but here's what I bought...followed by 3 pages of photos of how other brands are buried in floors, pulling motors, decorating fancy garages...

No one has ever (that I could find) answered the question.

Does anyone own a HF mid rise scissor lift? Trouble with it? Do you like it? Do you trust it?

Please don't show me yours - I've probably already see it in the sandbox, anyway. happy11.gif

Waiting your answers. Thank
r_towle
No, but...
Elliot Cannon
I have had one for about 4 years now and like it a lot. I didn't get it from HF but they all look the same and I think they are all built by the same group of 12 year old kids in Shanghai. biggrin.gif
scotty b
Depends on the design. I had a Bendpak when I first opened the shop that was down right scary at times. It wobbled, didn't like the weigth of the Volvo, 911's on it were VERY unnerving. I sold it for what I paid for it and got the one I have now ( another Bendpak ). I have had something as big as a 63 Ford Falcon on it, and it is a WOrLD of difference. Different designs. I'll also add the first one was a PITA to get a non running car over by myself. The one I have now fits inbetween the wheels so it rolls right over it on the floor, instead of having to shove it up and over the ramps. Old one first
Daiberl
I have one, just using it for the first time to drop the engine, so far the car didn't fall on my head biggrin.gif I had to wait nearly 2 months for delivery but everything is working, safety lock also works. One of the best things I bought for the shop. I bought the one for $1,399 with 20% off.
Elliot Cannon
I got mine from these guys. http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/Default.asp I got it for just over $1000. I'm guessing they are a bit more now.
bandjoey
QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 2 2013, 06:02 AM) *

icon8.gif I just started flying RC again this weekend after a ten year hiatus. Ouch.

THANK YOU Daiber!!! Finally someone actually bought one from HF. Reason for asking is money. With coupon it's about $500 less than all the rest.

Yes it looks like other brands but hands on is what I wanted to hear.

Thanks to all.
scotty b
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 3 2013, 06:41 PM) *

icon8.gif I just started flying RC again this weekend after a ten year hiatus. Ouch.

THANK YOU Daiber!!! Finally someone actually bought one from HF. Reason for asking is money. With coupon it's about $500 less than all the rest.

Thanks to all.

huh.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
hot_shoe914
http://www.redlinestands.com/catalog/auto-...style-c-138_141

Check these out Bill. Let me know if you like any of them, I have connections with the distributor.

Shoe
VaccaRabite
What kind of connections?

Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 3 2013, 07:22 PM) *

Zach

Don't ask, don't tell blink.gif
Daiberl
A few pictures of the lift with the LE on it.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 3 2013, 10:22 PM) *

Zach

Well, I can't get them free, but I can get a very good deal, maybe at cost with a little luck. Real nice guys that run the warehouse and sales down in my area, just good ol country boys who are really nice people.
Mark Henry
I was thinking of one, but I had the headroom and decided against it. I watched Kijiji (craigslist) and an USA made Aamco two post lift came up for $1500, I offered $1000 and told him I'd take it down if I had help loading it on my trailer. He had a forklift and the deal was done the next day.
I'm a creative guy and I managed to stand the posts up the same day, plus when I built the shop I put 6" concrete where it was going.
$80 worth of red heads and a home debit Hilti rental and I had it installed by the next day.
Woody
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 3 2013, 09:41 PM) *

Thanks to all.

How the fuch did that make it into this thread? Anywho, heres my lift. I have two of them.

Click to view attachment
bandjoey
This is what I wanted to see Scotty that someone is using it and happy. Shoe. Right now I can get the hf lift for $1095 with coupon. See what your buddy cando. Thanks.
OK914
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 3 2013, 11:37 PM) *

A few pictures of the lift with the LE on it.

How does the lift work with the 911? I have a 914 and 911 and want one that will work for basic maintenance and engine drops for both vehicles.
SLKWrx
Looking at the lift on HF, is there a rear cross brace on the unit? Does it interfere with an engine drop?
carr914
Mine doesn't work for an Engine Drop! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Highland
I've had my HF lift for about 9 months and has made working on the 914 much easier. I got the smaller one and total cost with CA tax, shipping, and 2 gallons of hydraulic fluid was about $1100 with a coupon. The lift goes high enough for me to sit cross leg while working. If you need a liftgate at delivery be prepared to pay the driver an extra $40 or so. I store my lift under the 914 but have to drive up on 2x10's and remove the rubber pads for clearance. Wish I had bought 2x12's instead. With the lift full up I have full clearance aft of the firewall.
turk22
QUOTE(Highland @ Jun 3 2013, 04:43 PM) *

I've had my HF lift for about 9 months and has made working on the 914 much easier. I got the smaller one and total cost with CA tax, shipping, and 2 gallons of hydraulic fluid was about $1100 with a coupon. The lift goes high enough for me to sit cross leg while working. If you need a liftgate at delivery be prepared to pay the driver an extra $40 or so. I store my lift under the 914 but have to drive up on 2x10's and remove the rubber pads for clearance. Wish I had bought 2x12's instead. With the lift full up I have full clearance aft of the firewall.

HighLand, do you have any pictures of your setup?

thx, Turk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.