Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test fit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47fan
Just starting the latest conversion sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif . First order of business: Renegade radiator system. Dropped it in this afternoon to see how it will look. Me like! Should have the beast on the road for New Year's Day. Looking forward to coming out and meeting other members in the soCal area driving.gif .

Wayne (type47fan)
type47fan
'nother view
type47fan
Subtle information on rear panel.
aircooledboy
DUDE!!!!

Where'd you get the emblem? wub.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 20 2004, 04:32 PM)
DUDE!!!!

Where'd you get the emblem? wub.gif

Dude! agree.gif monkeydance.gif
skline
Whatya gonna do about smoggin that 76 car? I think I would have gone for a 75 or older to do a permanent conversion. You will still have to smog that car here in California. Good luck, I look forward to seeing it.
type47fan
Scott, you're correct. I have had this car since '84 and have hardly driven it. I had a signal orange '72 and a red '73 V8 that were the drivers. This one has been somewhat of a garage queen. It is in amazing shape with only 85,000 miles on it. You can see how clean it is in the pictures.

I can do a smog legal 250 HP V8 conversion for about as much as it would cost for a complete smog legal 90 HP stock restoration. The '73 V8 that was nice, but rough. After driving a V8 914, I am hopelessly hooked for life. This one will be my final "keeper", if you know what I mean?

Believe me, I looked at the pros and cons and was watching the latest legislative events with much interest. I sent many emails to our reps talking up the collector/speciality vehicle rationale hoping to roll one more year. The bottom line is that with the stroke of a pen, this last of the line (3947 of 4100) vehicle is worth more to me as a compliant V8 than a compliant flat 4.

We've been watching your project with interest. I haven't seen the latest, but, did you get your clutch sorted out?

Thanks, Wayne (type47fan)
neo914-6
Wayne,
agree.gif Renegade has the best radiator! smilie_pokal.gif

I'm adding you to the 914world.com conversion List You up the number to 61!

Felix
914GT
I had my 74 emission tested after completing the V8 conversion earlier this year(required for all metro-area AZ cars after 1967). It easily passed the CO and HC limits. For a 74 they only do a gas cap test and look at the engine, probably checking for PCV valve. For your 76 in CA will you need to add a smog pump (including smog headers or exhaust manifold) and catalytic converter? Must be a PITA. I'd be interested in your CO and HC limits for 76 and how they compare to the limits here for similar years.
hargray2
There was a guy selling those emblems on e-bay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.