Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warm guide install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericoneal
I bought some warm air guide tins since my right side is missing and the left has a broken tab. I can see where they mount to the case, but what do the other tabs mount to? There isnt anything to attach to around there. unsure.gif
Maybe I am missing something else? Anyone have a picture they can shoot me?

Also, will mounting these make my car run a bit cooler? They are used to funnel warm air away from the engine, right?

THanks all
rhodyguy
there are welded nuts on the heat exchangers. they quide air, protect the pushrod tubes, and lock the hes to the case making the whole works stable. triple duty component.

k
ericoneal
Well I guess I am missing whatever it is that they connect to, heat exchangers? How important is all of this stuff? This is strictly a "summer" car, so I dont care about heat, but I do want to keep the engine as cool as possible.
rhodyguy
you need a haynes manual. if you have hes on your car they will look something this. the second picture shows one of the welded nuts the guides fasten to. a sunny, cool/crisp fall morning and you'll be wishing for for a set of nicely sealed heat exchangers.
ericoneal
I see now, thanks. I do not have the heat exchangers, only the pipes. I'm really not concerned about heating the cabin, I'll just wear a jacket. biggrin.gif
I'm really just concerned about long trips in the summer because it gets very hot here.

Thanks again

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 4 2013, 08:14 AM) *

you need a haynes manual. if you have hes on your car they will look something this. the second picture shows one of the welded nuts the guides fasten to. a sunny, cool/crisp fall morning and you'll be wishing for for a set of nicely sealed heat exchangers.
rhodyguy
show us what's currently on your car. prob the 'clam shells' were rotted (if you have the stock inner piping) and removed. without some fab work there is no provision for installing the wags at this point.

k
ericoneal
Yes, the 'clam shells' are gone, there is only a pipe.

>>>Are these warm air guides necessary for the health of the engine?<<<'
Thanks
TheCabinetmaker
they protect the underside of the case where the pushrod tubes are exposed to the elements and road debris without them. I have seen these with notable damage from debris. I would fabricate a "clamp" on the exhaust tubes to attach them to.
ericoneal
Right on. I think i can just get some coat hangerish type wire to hold them up there.

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 4 2013, 03:10 PM) *

they protect the underside of the case where the pushrod tubes are exposed to the elements and road debris without them. I have seen these with notable damage from debris. I would fabricate a "clamp" on the exhaust tubes to attach them to.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.