Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Milo32
Hi everybody!

Not only is this my first post, but the 914 is also my first car. I'm 14 and I recently purchased my '75 1.8 in December after saving up since I was 10. It was well worth the mowing lawns, pet sitting, and birdhouse building.

So far I've been working on it with my dad and we've:
-replaced motor mounts
-replaced transmission mounts
-replaced pushrod tubes and gaskets
-replaced tie-rods
-replaced steering rack and torn boot
-valve adjustment, tune up
-replaced steeleys with Fuchs
-sourced emblems and other cosmetic work

Still things to be done but really excited to be part of the great teener community!

Milo bye1.gif
johnpierre
welcome.png

and it sounds like you are about to have a great driver. post some pics...and congrads. my first car was a 61 pontiac ventura, and although i loved that car, pretty sure your going to have more fun with yours...
johnpierre
welcome.png

and it sounds like you are about to have a great driver. post some pics...and congrads. my first car was a 61 pontiac ventura, and although i loved that car, pretty sure your going to have more fun with yours...
johannes
IPB Image...

From very far ...
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Milo32 @ Apr 4 2013, 02:35 AM) *

Hi everybody!

Not only is this my first post, but the 914 is also my first car. I'm 14 and I recently purchased my '75 1.8 in December after saving up since I was 10. It was well worth the mowing lawns, pet sitting, and birdhouse building.

So far I've been working on it with my dad and we've:
-replaced motor mounts
-replaced transmission mounts
-replaced pushrod tubes and gaskets
-replaced tie-rods
-replaced steering rack and torn boot
-valve adjustment, tune up
-replaced steeleys with Fuchs
-sourced emblems and other cosmetic work

Still things to be done but really excited to be part of the great teener community!

Milo bye1.gif You go young fellow!!!!!! Bob

wndsnd
Good for you Milo,

These are great life experiences for you and your dad. I wish my sons lived close by to hang with me in the garage.

welcome.png

John
hot_shoe914
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
Enjoy and drive when you can. Learn as much as you can and awlays remember...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JawjaPorsche
Welcome to the madness!
welcome.png
914itis
welcome.png

My son was also 14 when I have him one. He is anxiously waiting to be 16 this September to get his permit.

We have done a lot if work together.
Always remember safety first!

Good luck.
Milo32
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
Here's a pic of the car:
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
WOW Milo...great 1st car. Love the Laguna Blue.

drooley.gif
messix
hey!! welcome.png

you and your dad are going to have to make it to one of the teener Tuesdays and we'll make it a pg 13 venue for you!

there are a whole bunch of us up here in the seattle area.... but most of us are a bunch of old farts to you...

there are also some guys that cut up cars and horde parts if you find you need some thing. and then the guys that know it all about them are around here too!
bulitt
Hard Work+Saving= Good Things driving.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Milo32 @ Apr 5 2013, 02:41 PM) *

Here's a pic of the car:
Click to view attachment

Congrats, Milo! My car is pretty much identical to yours, except I have Mahles instead of Fuchs. Your seats aren't plaid by any chance?

welcome.png
Daiberl
welcome.png
Welcome, there are a lot of Teeners here in the PNW, let us know when you need help!
Dave_Darling
Remember: We sometimes act like jerks, but most of us are pretty decent.

...Except guys named Dave. You have to watch out for those *****s. wink.gif

Oh, nice car! Laguna Blue is a good color for 914s, too bad it was a one-year-only color.

--DD
turk22
QUOTE(Milo32 @ Apr 5 2013, 06:41 PM) *

Here's a pic of the car:
Click to view attachment

Milo, great looking car (I wish my first car looked that good!). Is that blue sky in Seattle? I thought that wasn't possible??

Welcome to forum, and keep us up to date on all the work you do on your car.

Turk
Krieger
Congratulations! You should be proud of the work you did to buy the car. Enjoy the car.
Milo32
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 5 2013, 06:03 PM) *

Here's a pic of the car:
Click to view attachment

Congrats, Milo! My car is pretty much identical to yours, except I have Mahles instead of Fuchs. Your seats aren't plaid by any chance?

welcome.png

Hey, thanks! My seats are plaid but I don't think they're original. I'm searching for decent seats because I think my mom can do the fabric upholstery. I'm looking for the ski blue but might do houndstooth.
Milo32
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 5 2013, 04:19 PM) *

hey!! welcome.png

you and your dad are going to have to make it to one of the teener Tuesdays and we'll make it a pg 13 venue for you!

there are a whole bunch of us up here in the seattle area.... but most of us are a bunch of old farts to you...

there are also some guys that cut up cars and horde parts if you find you need some thing. and then the guys that know it all about them are around here too!

Sounds awesome! Will have to do that some time. I have practices on Tuesdays so I was wondering when you guys usually meet up.
I need to source a right rear quarter panel and some seats.
Thanks for the welcome to 914 World! biggrin.gif
Milo32
QUOTE(turk22 @ Apr 5 2013, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Milo32 @ Apr 5 2013, 06:41 PM) *

Here's a pic of the car:
Click to view attachment

Milo, great looking car (I wish my first car looked that good!). Is that blue sky in Seattle? I thought that wasn't possible??

Welcome to forum, and keep us up to date on all the work you do on your car.

Turk

Haha. Don't worry, the day after this it started raining so everything's back to normal.
I'll keep posting on all the work I do. type.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
speed metal army
Nice stuff Milo!My first car was not even close to as cool as yours!
Keep us in the loop! smile.gif
Milo32
Just put a new set of tires today on the Fuchs. The Bridgestones are a noticeable and needed improvement on the old ones...they were from 1990!!
Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Milo32 @ Apr 5 2013, 07:34 PM) *

Here's a pic of the car:
Click to view attachment

welcome.png

Hey, thanks! My seats are plaid but I don't think they're original. I'm searching for decent seats because I think my mom can do the fabric upholstery. I'm looking for the ski blue but might do houndstooth.

Milo, any chance you could post a picture of your seat fabric. I can tell you right away if it is original. Mine were originally plaid also, but recovered many years ago. I have been searching for years to find another car like mine to see which of the blue plaids mine should have.

Mark Whitesell (Mikey914) is working with another vendor here to reproduce plaid seat covers, so you may want to hold off until he has those available.

Thanks,
Ken
Milo32
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 7 2013, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Milo32 @ Apr 5 2013, 07:34 PM) *

Here's a pic of the car:
Click to view attachment

welcome.png

Milo, any chance you could post a picture of your seat fabric. I can tell you right away if it is original. Mine were originally plaid also, but recovered many years ago. I have been searching for years to find another car like mine to see which of the blue plaids mine should have.

Mark Whitesell (Mikey914) is working with another vendor here to reproduce plaid seat covers, so you may want to hold off until he has those available.

Thanks,
Ken

Here's a pic of the seats:
Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
Thanks, Milo. You are correct - that is not original.

Here are a couple of threads to get a feel for what you are looking for if you want to keep it original.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1755636

And, finally an actual picture of the real deal...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=207022

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.