Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok Help....My Motor Ate a Cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
OK, I deploy to Iraq in 3.5 weeks....I am on my first day of leave....finish engine...one cam lobe is dead....I dont have the time to tear it down and start over....does anyone have a beater 1.7-2.0ish motor they can get rid of for cheap....as complete as possible...but injection or carbs are not needed....I would greatly appreciate your help!!!I want to do one AX before I deploy....ANYONE PLEASE!!! blink.gif
redshift
Dood, that sucks... GET OUT OF THE GARAGE MAN! GO HAVE SOME YUCK YUCK!

Let Aaron drive you around.. I am so sorry.. I feel your pain.. but damnit, take some time before you get shipped one of the worst vacation destinations in the World.

mad.gif GO! GWAN! GIT!

M
DrifterJay
message sent to sirandy - well drive 16hr roundtrip to oakland for a GD motor! get outr of the way!!!! we need a motor!!!!
skline
Dude, sorry I missed your call. If I had an engine you could use, I would surely donate it to you. I just dont have anymore type 4 stuff. Call me back if you want, I am going to go to the movies around 7 or so. I wanna see National Treasure. Good luck finding a motor. <_<
boxstr
John Kelly had one sitting in his shop, he wanted to get rid of.
CCLINMOTORMEISTER
spare time toys
How far are you from costa mesa? Im coming out for Scotts 928 next week and could make you a deal on a 1.7 to cover gas. You did not need intake set up correct? Let me know if you dont find something.
skline
I was out at his house today for awhile trying to help him get it going. He comes over here all the time for parts and stuff, He isnt that far, about an hour or so away.
SirAndy
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Nov 20 2004, 06:51 PM)
message sent to sirandy - well drive 16hr roundtrip to oakland for a GD motor! get outr of the way!!!! we need a motor!!!!

yeah, sorry dude. but mueller bought the motor lascht week and he's going to install it in his car tomorrow ... sad.gif

as i said in my PM, you guys are welcome to come up here anyways and we'll have a few beerchug.gif

you can crash here, lots of space!
beer3.gif Andy
Mueller
I have Andys old motor in the back of my truck, call me tonight (510-484-8700 cell, any time)....you can have it for the $300 I paid for it as long as I know you will 100% for sure pick it up...I need to know tonight or by 8 AM on Sunday since I am driving 2+ hours North to install it if you don't need it...
Aaron Cox
this is incredible...so many people willing to help him out.... was sad when we found that it was the cam. sad.gif

you guys rock! smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
thanks Aaron, i just got off the phone with him, said he wants it, if he finds a motor closer to him, I have no problem with it, I can always install the engine later on this or next week...
Aaron Cox
no prob mike! thx for helping him out smilie_pokal.gif
Twystd1
Mail sent... Come and get it...
Twystd1

rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
bernbomb914
jay call me I have a 1.8 that I dont know anything about that came out of my project car. It is a long block.

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.