Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new Shop Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Why did I wait so long to buy one of these? Yes, the job can be done w/o one and I've done it w/o one. But never again! biggrin.gif I like it so much that I will share it. Anyone of my SoCal Bro's need to use it just stop by. It's the cat's meow. Damn you Eric Shea. Your an expensive man to hang around with. av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

JawjaPorsche
Awesome! Having the correct tool makes mincemeat of any job! Wish I had more toys for my garage. beerchug.gif
bulitt
I was banging a stud out of hub and hit my pinkie so fricking hard I thought I was gonna pass out. Said to myself "what the fuch am I doing" ? Drove over to HF and bought a press. Not only does "having" the right tool make the job easier, it makes it safer !!!
Eric_Shea
It'll pay for itself over and over and over again...
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 4 2013, 12:51 PM) *

It'll pay for itself over and over and over again...

agree.gif You got the good plates too. Mine was a nice press but for some reason only came with 2 pieces of 1/2x2" flat stock that bent the first time they got a load on them dry.gif
Steve73
Wow, there's a bearing in there.....who knew smile.gif
rudedude
I know what scotty means on bending 1/2" bars, then I figured it out and pressed it the correct way. Anyway its great to have the right tools.
SKL1
Definitely looks like Porsche approved "plumbing" pieces to push out the bearing... whatever works!

Made a trip to HF a couple weeks ago and bought the same press to push out the hubs and bearings in my rear trailing arms as well. Folks like us keep them in business!
injunmort
nice, this is the reason for tool whoring
Black22
Kent, what's the tonage rating on that model? I can't read the jack.

I gotta get one of those!
championgt1
Looks like it says 12 ton.
euro911
I read several reviews on the HF presses when I was in the market. First thing is to assure you assemble it on a good flat surface, then weld gussets in the corners to keep it straight.

I decided not to purchase one. Instead, I take anything that needs pressed to my auto shop class. IIRC, it's a 100-ton press aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
I've had that press for 10 years now without a single problem. Other than welding the two handles together (the one you see in the press and the one on the grinder) it's been flawless. It will do any job you need it to do on the 914.

Kent... I didn't realize you had any money left over from our last excursion. My bad! w00t.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Black22 @ Apr 5 2013, 08:14 PM) *

Kent, what's the tonage rating on that model? I can't read the jack.

I gotta get one of those!

bye1.gif Hey Mike, how's the new dig's? Jack is right. It is a 12 ton. It was $40 bucks more than the 6 ton which was worth the frustration level of finding out that a 6 was too small. hissyfit.gif Really, I wasn't sure and the HF is a hr round trip so I went with 12 ton. I was worried about floor space but these don't take up any to speak of. I laughed aloud when I read Bulitt's comment. How many times have I done something similar.
jimkelly
thanks for the pics : )

pics of reinstall of arm into car would be awesome!

jim
76-914
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Apr 6 2013, 08:26 AM) *

thanks for the pics : )

pics of reinstall of arm into car would be awesome!

jim

OK, here ya go Jimbo. It helps to remove this little screw

Click to view attachment

then you can slip the outer side in first as shown with the horn oriented in the correct position.

Click to view attachment

now slip the inner side into the hole of the ear and just start the bolt a few turns

Click to view attachment

now slip the bolt up thru the washer on the bottom side (not seen in this pic) and thru the captive hole of the spacer. the rest will slip into place later.

Click to view attachment

the others spacers in place

Click to view attachment

shocks in place

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

FL000
Maybe I will take you up on your offer to use it in the near future! I have family in Temecula I visit every few months and I will need to press out my rear bearings to install the new ones with my five lug hub that Eric will be sending soon biggrin.gif
76-914
QUOTE(FL 000 @ Apr 6 2013, 08:36 PM) *

Maybe I will take you up on your offer to use it in the near future! I have family in Temecula I visit every few months and I will need to press out my rear bearings to install the new ones with my five lug hub that Eric will be sending soon biggrin.gif

Sure, pm me for my phone number and address, just clean them up first. No sense in getting dirty if we don't have to. biggrin.gif Bring your bushing, too. Allow about 30 min's out of your schedule that day. i'm in French Valley if you know where that is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.