Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone up for a Dyno day in Fremont, CA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Here's details: Rocketeer Dyno Day
Felix
Demick
I might do it. I'm interested to see what my new engine makes. Of course, if I'm the only 914 there, I'd probably be embarassed by the low hp numbers.

Demick
Britain Smith
How often do they do these? I will need some dyno days when my 912 is done!!

-Britain
neo914-6
Demick,
Are you in, they need confirmation? It will be a mix of cars. I'm bringing my RENNTech Benz. I'll dyno my 914 after I've installed my 400hp engine. biggrin.gif

Britian,
There may be more, I'll let you know. When's your turbo done?
Felix
anthony
What's the usual rate for dyno runs? What's the point of taking three runs? Are you supposed to install your new exhuast in the parking lot between runs??
Demick
Nope - I'm out. I have other commitments that day that mean I would need to be done and out of there by 9:30am, but they don't even start until 10am. I'll hang on to that web page and try to make their next one.

Demick
rocketeer
QUOTE(anthony @ Nov 22 2004, 03:39 PM)
What's the usual rate for dyno runs? What's the point of taking three runs? Are you supposed to install your new exhuast in the parking lot between runs??

You will normally want an average. One run wouldn't be enough. Yes, you can make some slight changes between runs if you need to. However, you have to be careful not to start "tuning" your car. Then it's extra. Small adjustments are not problem.

You wouldn't be able to unstrap it though. That would take to long and delay the whole day...

John.
Mueller
tempting, but neither of my 914's run sad.gif

I could dyno the Volvo S70 T5 or the 911, or possibly the Huyndia, but I'd hate to post that my Korean econobox puts out more HP than most 914's, hahahaha....... but since I drive to Fremont everyday as it is, I'm not too keen on making the 50 mile trip just for $hits and grins smile.gif

I pass by ATP on my way to work, they are only about a mile away....
neo914-6
I'm not too keen on making the 50 mile trip just for $hits and grins

That's a long explanation for NO. laugh.gif
Felix
Brad Roberts
Britain,

you dont need a "how fast can you accelerate this given weight" dyno run..

Sorry I cant make it Felix.. I have multiple cars that I would like to run, but I'll be in Buttonwillow that weekend.

B
rocketeer
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 22 2004, 05:55 PM)
tempting, but neither of my 914's run sad.gif

I could dyno the Volvo S70 T5 or the 911, or possibly the Huyndia, but I'd hate to post that my Korean econobox puts out more HP than most 914's, hahahaha....... but since I drive to Fremont everyday as it is, I'm not too keen on making the 50 mile trip just for $hits and grins smile.gif

You've got to get a baseline on your T5 so you can quantify the improvement when you do the Upsolute Chip ;-)

I normally will offer a discount on the chip if you attend the dyno day.

John.
basenji7
did anyone do a Dyno? I just did a Dyno day w/the local BMW club here in Dallas and I took my '74 914 2.0L, Borsch exhaust and euro pistons.

Does anyone have any stock numbers?

86.1HP 109.7 torque at 5650rpm

Thanks,
Darryl
nebreitling
that's some good torque! is this stock cam, Djet?
kermit
86 hp? Is that pretty typical at the wheels, from about 100 hp at the crank?

Its really funny how much speed we squeeze out of such little power - it still amazes me. More fuel to piss off my 911 buddies with...
basenji7
I belive it's the D-Jetronic(me rookie) GA/91

some shots of me looking on, my buddies G-35 and Camaro also..

I just noticed that the December Panorama has a full write up on the 914 over the years.

914 Dyno day

darryl
basenji7
Stock cam....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.