Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Suspension Spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Thought I'd risk this dumb ass question but which end goes where. The old ones had a continuous spiral pattern. This is the new 140lb. It's wound tighter on one end.

Click to view attachment

Here it is again next to an old one.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
One is a progressive 140# (new), the other is just a 140#.

No instructions?
Elliot Cannon
Drop it in a large tub of water. Whichever end touches the bottom first, is bottom end. Works every time
Elliot Cannon
Drop it in a large tub of water. Whichever end touches the bottom first, is bottom end. Works every time
Elliot Cannon
Drop the spring in water. The end that touches the bottom first is the bottom end. Works every time.
Cheers Elliot
Eric_Shea
OK Elliot... we got it, we got it. biggrin.gif

Compressed coils on the bottom.
76-914
Thx Eric. And Ellut; you really need to do something about that echo effect. Now I just need to pick the correct perch for the ride height.
ww914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 5 2013, 06:42 AM) *

Thx Eric. And Ellut; you really need to do something about that echo effect. Now I just need to pick the correct perch for the ride height.

This may be a no brainer to most, but I thought I would mention it anyway. I found when adjusting my ride height that it was easier to adjust the perch by taking the shocks back off the car, rather than trying to do it underneath, especially if you need to compress the springs to get what you want.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 5 2013, 06:42 AM) *

WHAT?
Elliot Cannon
WHAT?
Elliot Cannon
WHAT?
ww914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 5 2013, 01:51 PM) *

WHAT?

Elliott, I think you got a bogey at 3 o'clock. Descend and maintain 5000.
76-914
QUOTE(ww914 @ Apr 5 2013, 02:08 PM) *

WHAT?

Ellyut was a Freight Hauler. In their jargon you just told him "Careful, the beer on your right is warm and turn off the auto pilot". And whatever you do never mention "Check six" around him. lol-2.gif laugh.gif
ww914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 5 2013, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(ww914 @ Apr 5 2013, 02:08 PM) *

WHAT?

Ellyut was a Freight Hauler. In their jargon you just told him "Careful, the beer on your right is warm and turn off the auto pilot". And whatever you do never mention "Check six" around him. lol-2.gif laugh.gif

I probably should have said: "Descend and maintain ten thousand, you must have an oxygen problem"
Nico914
I just got those springs. The end that has the springs closer together is the top.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.