Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Festival Of Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I should be there Saturday afternoon with the car. I won't be competing in the TT though. Anybody else going on Saturday?

-Aaron
I will be there for a short bit Sat am
Michael N
Heading out of San Jose very early Saturday morning and will be there. This is only second to Rennsport as my favorite Porsche events. No 914 this time as I will have my kids with me. Nolan, my son, is excited to see his best friend's dad racing with BRRacing.

Should be a good time.
'73-914kid
Im here right now.. kinda cloudy and cool. Im working impound/scales all weekend, and my car is parked outside the scales if people want to stop by and say hi.
dfelz
I'll be there tomorrow in the am!
SKL1
Heading over from Scottsdale very EARLY AM for most of Saturday and Sunday AM. Looking forward to the 50th anniversary 911 display, and the Concours.

Won't be in a Porsche though... Jetta GLI will be the transport vehicle this weekend!
Michael N
Don't forget to print your free parking pass, otherwise it is $10.00.

http://zone8.pca.org/Speedfest/2013/CFOSFr...rkingCoupon.pdf

siverson
I'll be there with the whole family in the morning.

-Steve
oldschool
Sean (Grandson) had a good time.Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
SKL1
911 display on the SF line pretty cool!! Lots of great eye candy...Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
SKL1
The Salzburg 917 is fantastic,but I found the center scoop "GT" that was the Excellence cover car pretty hideous, but that's just my opinion obviously!!

Actually the R8 racecar with the gated 6 speed was one of my favourites...Click to view attachment
'73-914kid
I must say, today was an awesome day. Over 4,000 people showed up, and I'd say it was a major success for everyone involved. It had something for everyone, and there seemed to be a lot of people really enjoying themselves.

I just got back from the track a few minutes ago, and frankly am exhausted. If you are ever given the opportunity to volunteer for a PCA event, and are a regular event attender, I strongly suggest you do so. It definetely puts it all in perspective how much work it takes to put on an event like this.

I'll add some of the pictures I took, later this evening. The Porsche corral was PACKED!
'73-914kid
Here's some pictures I took from the weekend.. was a little too busy to really get out and take pictures, but I did manage to go around and get a few. Today was MUCH more quiet than Saturday, thank goodness..

BTW, I'm really not a fan of targas, but this thing was GORGEOUS.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Mr. Magnus Walker graced our presence as well for a little bit:
IPB Image

And, the 1964 901
IPB Image

PCA-SDR had an awesome free autocross setup at the track, which of course, I wasted my tires on during my free time. HUGE Kudos to those guys for doing that for free..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01QoPJaHh8Q
oldschool
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Apr 7 2013, 07:07 PM) *

Here's some pictures I took from the weekend.. was a little too busy to really get out and take pictures, but I did manage to go around and get a few. Today was MUCH more quiet than Saturday, thank goodness..

BTW, I'm really not a fan of targas, but this thing was GORGEOUS.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Mr. Magnus Walker graced our presence as well for a little bit:
IPB Image

And, the 1964 901
IPB Image

PCA-SDR had an awesome free autocross setup at the track, which of course, I wasted my tires on during my free time. HUGE Kudos to those guys for doing that for free..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01QoPJaHh8Q

That's what we call Dutch lol....
'73-914kid
Lol, I have lot of other footage Jaime, this was just the one that was shortest..lots of other camera angles too..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.