Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exterior Door Handles in black
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventedrib
I saw pics of cars with black door handles and other chrome trim in black and was wondering what the best way to do this. I think powder coat my be to thick for the door handles, and dont knoe if paint will stick good to chrome.
slothness
From what I understand, disassemble it completely then scotch brite pad to scuff it.

I would think powder coat would be more durable however after any number of key unlocks, jamming the key into the cylinder might chip off some coat or paint.

This summer I'm going black satin on all my chrome except bumpers, I'd like to see how yours turns out.
Rand
QUOTE(ventedrib @ Apr 5 2013, 01:04 PM) *

I saw pics of cars with black door handles and other chrome trim in black and was wondering what the best way to do this. I think powder coat my be to thick for the door handles, and dont knoe if paint will stick good to chrome.

knoe, paint don't stick know good to chrome.
Madswede
Mine were powder coated. Paint don't stick to chrome too good.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 5 2013, 06:32 PM) *

biggrin.gif I got it. The grammar and spelling on this forum is spiraling down to new lows.
URY914
Why don't you cover them with black vinyl like the stuff used for sign lettering.

Easy, cheap and can be removed
rhodyguy
pretty hard to undo powdercoat.
Nico914
Cover them in platsty dip. Works great and peals right off if you do not want it anymore.
ventedrib
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 5 2013, 09:47 PM) *

Why don't you cover them with black vinyl like the stuff used for sign lettering.

Easy, cheap and can be removed

Good idea. Thanks
ventedrib
QUOTE(Nico914 @ Apr 6 2013, 10:42 AM) *

Cover them in platsty dip. Works great and peals right off if you do not want it anymore.

That is also a good idea. Thanks
ventedrib
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 5 2013, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 5 2013, 06:32 PM) *

biggrin.gif I got it. The grammar and spelling on this forum is spiraling down to new lows.

I have had a lot of help and made what I consider good friends on this site, and have not delt with any unpleasant poeple. Yes I am a dumb old redneck that loves working on cars. I am sorry if my spelling and grammer is offensive to anybody, school was my worst subject. To busy chasing electical grimlens on my triumph, playing sports and chasing girls to get a proper education like Yall. I know its all in good fun but U don't have to be mean.
Andyrew
I sanded mine and painted them.. They are holding up well, but I dont use my key much. Repaint is pretty easy.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(ventedrib @ Apr 6 2013, 02:04 PM) *

I have had a lot of help and made what I consider good friends on this site, and have not delt with any unpleasant poeple. Yes I am a dumb old redneck that loves working on cars. I am sorry if my spelling and grammer is offensive to anybody, school was my worst subject. To busy chasing electical grimlens on my triumph, playing sports and chasing girls to get a proper education like Yall. I know its all in good fun but U don't have to be mean.

Sorry bud, I didn't intend for it to be mean. I work with a group of people who get paid to produce high quality documents and I just get frustrated at the number of people in my office who can't spell or punctuate a sentence correctly. When I get home and jump on the forum, it's a little too easy to vent my frustrations. I realize most of us probably realize we typed something wrong, but we're content to just leave it. I guess that's just the way it's going to go.

For what it's worth, I'm a dumb redneck too, at least at heart! beerchug.gif
ventedrib
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 6 2013, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(ventedrib @ Apr 6 2013, 02:04 PM) *

Sorry bud, I didn't intend for it to be mean. I work with a group of people who get paid to produce high quality documents and I just get frustrated at the number of people in my office who can't spell or punctuate a sentence correctly. When I get home and jump on the forum, it's a little too easy to vent my frustrations. I realize most of us probably realize we typed something wrong, but we're content to just leave it. I guess that's just the way it's going to go.

For what it's worth, I'm a dumb redneck too, at least at heart! beerchug.gif

Thanks man no worries
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.