Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This takes the cake IMHO!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I have seen some really bad body kits and people interesting creations on ebay...but this is really bad. Can you spot the 914 content? How about the 911, 356, VW Bug parts?

1959 Porsche 359 Speedster ar15.gif ar15.gif barf.gif

IPB Image
Hawktel
Humm, Kind of a try at a 959 convertable attempt? I hope it doesn't have the engine in the front.
redshift
wow... that's a bad fitting..

I completely LOVE the front end, from the front, on that kit..

Oops... nope... wrong one.. sorry.

M
Britain Smith
Check out all the pics on the ebay link that I posted...914 parts everywhere...

-Britain
ChrisReale
I saw 914 tach, seats and maybe rear lights that were altered...??
neo914-6
The craftsmanship is good. It could use more tire/wheel. The idea of updating a 50's design is common hot rod thinking but it's difficult to determine what the intent was with this car. confused24.gif It is basically a caricature of a 959 and speedster. Kit manufacturers don't understand proportion is so important when replicating a design. A good example is the odd Bradley laser "917".
Felix
neo914-6
And what it is supposed to look like...
Jeroen
Admitting this is not my cup of tea at all, I have to say that I've seen 959 bodykits much, much, much worse than this one...
redshift
I like the silver one on ebay 2 years ago, built on a 914... I liked the light tunnels, and the hood.

Would be perfect for the speedster choppy whacky cutso chop..

M
aircooledboy
Further proof have no taste I guess, but I like it. confused24.gif

I wouldn't pay big bucks for it or, or maybe even medium bucks, but it is interesting.
ejm
detail is lacking in some places

the turbo was put on an otherwise rusty and corroded looking bug motor
the radio and fuse box install is crude
those are plastic covers on steel wheels
not sure how well that cooler in the eng comp works
must say...clean looking tank, wiring and battery install under the front hood

not a bad looking kit if your into that
you will be as he says "the center of attention" rolleyes.gif
xsboost90
i see 914 doors! smilie_pokal.gif oh wait, no they are 356 doors, i see 914 seats! smilie_pokal.gif
Carl
Looks like one of Mikeeez's Outlaw projects.
EdwardBlume
ITs so hard not to pass judgement..... DAMN THAT THING IS UGLY!!!

Thank you. smile.gif
K9Torro
The word is = JUNK-O-LA smilie_pokal.gif
Howard
I am such an asshole. Like that better than a rusted 1.7. Shoot me wink.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Nov 22 2004, 09:07 AM)
ITs so hard not to pass judgement..... DAMN THAT THING IS UGLY!!!

Rob, I guess it's time to change your signature lol2.gif
Steve Thacker
Mixing two different body styles was a no-no in this case. Had they stuck with the 959 look or just made the car look like a speedster should have been the focus. Mixing proved to be a failure IMHO. The interior looks like crap. You would have thought that they could have done a better job with the dash. The door panels look crappy also. I'm a firm believer that the inside should look as nice as the out.
scruz914
The engine was "profeshionally built buy a performance shop and designed buy a an aero-engeneer"! ohmy.gif
scooter311
My fav's - hubcaps, and the Porsche-crest sticker on the steering wheel. I had a set of riviera's with the same stick-on crest for the centers rolleyes.gif . At least should've sprung for a decent set of wheels, for cryin' out in the woods.
I apologize, I'm sure it wasn't easy to do, and someone is really proud of it, but
barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.