Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good laugh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
Guy bids $914.00 wub.gif
gopack
PEOPLE MUST THINK EVERY ONE ELSE IS PRETTY STOOOOPID!

Quote from the eBAY ad:
No rust and never has been any on this car. Originally from CA this is a 2 owner car. Paint is original and excellent! There are 2 areas of oxidation on the hood but these are the only spots."
and then again later:
"No signs of any accidents or body damage and again most important NO RUST which is rare for these cars.

I am a chemist, and let me tell you rust, as we all know is IRON OXIDE. In other words oxidation of the iron in the steel! Can't have one and not the other!

Just thought it was pretty funny! But then again those that know me know I am easily amused!
aircooledboy
I'm pretty sure he's talking about oxidized paint, boys.
Mueller
"oxidation" is one of those words that is used incorrectly and has multiple meanings even if Merriam-Webster does not recognize the term when applied to fading paint....

too much coffee this morning??? smile.gif

I cannot believe you never heard anyone talk about thier paint job being oxidized...even Meguiar’s uses the term to describe faded UV damaged paint wacko.gif
GWN7
That looks like a car that was sold on Ebay about 8+ months ago. At the time it had no engine. I may be wrong but how many black 914's could there be in Billings, Montana?
Aaron Cox
eww... dual weber 34 ict's wacko.gif
Bleyseng
"The is a totally unmolested example of the 30 year old 914 that are becoming harder and harder to find. "

Weber 34 ICT carbs are unmolested????

Geoff biggrin.gif
MattR
Who made those wheels??? ar15.gif

I just cant stand those things...
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 21 2004, 11:37 AM)

First thing I though too.

Fugly
SLITS
QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 21 2004, 12:37 PM)

They are Western Wheels - aftermarket VW type stuff and prolly some 14's too. Never measured a set. Still have a set - wanna buy them?
Brando
Oh noes. Next you'll see 924 alumi-mags on a 914 blink.gif biggrin.gif
scotty914
QUOTE(Brando @ Nov 21 2004, 08:30 PM)
Oh noes. Next you'll see 924 alumi-mags on a 914 blink.gif biggrin.gif

wont work wrong spacing

i looked at em for a collapsible spare
mike_the_man
The car may be a little sketchy, but I dig those seats! Black vinyl with red plaid is sweet!!!
gopack
DAMN! I hate it when i get all high and mighty, and go off on a RANT and then someone says something, and i am forced to say "nevermind"! Oh well i guess i was having a bad day that day!
givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif
that should help!
BTW I also think the wheels are pretty fugly.
tod914

That's considered fondled. 44s would constitute molestation.
davep
Says original paint. I am not convinced. Photo of seats shows the door jamb, and I can't see the DOT decal.
Toast
QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 21 2004, 12:37 PM)
Who made those wheels???

agree.gif barf.gif
I do think the seats look sweet though.

Guys, I believe that he is refering to the fact that the car is "Oxy Clean". biggrin.gif
tod914
Dave, that little silver strip on the lower right edge of the photo is showing the cali emmissions sticker. Kind of hard to tell from that photo to determine if the dot is there or not.
aircooledboy
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 22 2004, 02:33 PM)

That's considered fondled. 44s would constitute molestation.

w00t.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif lol2.gif monkeydance.gif

I nominate that post for the 914.com Funniest Smart Ass Comment Hall of Fame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.