Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help Identify
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
I went over this guy's house to buy a small part for the 914, and noticed this toolkit on his work table. I offered him some small change and he sold it to me, which included the tools inside (pictured).

I know some of those tools inside are not even tools and the tow hook does not belong to a 914, but after 40 years, things can get switched around.

The vinyl material is similar to ones we have on our dash and the interior lining appears to be real leather. Very tough and heavy. It was extremely dirty and oil when I got it, so I cleaned it up with de-greaser. The interior is still wet on the pic.

I am asking you very knowledgeable and experienced folks here if you guys recognized any of the tools and if the pouch is authentic and original.

I know they sell reproductions on eBay.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ferg
Pics of tools did not show up yet, but that is an early 911 bag, 69-73 me thinks.
Kaduku
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 6 2013, 05:40 PM) *

Pics of tools did not show up yet, but that is an early 911 bag, 69-73 me thinks.

Oops, give me a few to get the PC running to add the tool pic. Looks like I doubled the first and last pic.
GeorgeRud
agree.gif Looks like an early 911 tool kit. The spark plug wrench is for a 911 or 914-6 engine, and if the wrenches are Hazet brand, they may be worth something to someone. The pouch does look original as well.
Kaduku
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 6 2013, 07:15 PM) *

agree.gif Looks like an early 911 tool kit. The spark plug wrench is for a 911 or 914-6 engine, and if the wrenches are Hazet brand, they may be worth something to someone. The pouch does look original as well.

Nice, maybe eBay posting time piratenanner.gif

Kaduku
Oops double post
Kaduku
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 6 2013, 07:15 PM) *

The only writings on the wrenches are Forged Steel Germany, though I need to clean the dirty one to really see anymore markings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.