Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold it..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Luke M
Sold it.. needed way too much work.
carr914
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
w00t.gif Excellent. How does one leave a car like that out in the woods for 10 years screwy.gif Glad you now own it and it will be restored correctly.
relentless
I recall this story from the 1970's, it might explain why some old vehicles are allowed to die a cruel death of rust cancer.

Somewhere, near Keno, OR, there was someone who had a 356 and also an old Benz. When his wife died, he just parked these two near his house and slowly let them decay over the years. The tires went flat, pine needles began to cover the cars, and rust slowly ate away at the exterior. People would stop by and ask if he would sell them, but he always declined.

Sad, really.
SKL1
Those stories exist everywhere unfortunately. I remember watching a 356 slowly die in an Iowa cornfield along a fairly busy highway connecting Iowa City and Cedar Rapids back in the 70's. Went by it a million times- supposedly many tried to buy it with no success...
A friend and I found a real '71 "6" sitting under a tree in Iowa City in the late 70's. Engine had seized and they just parked it there. Seized because the oil tank was rusted and let dirt etc into the engine...the car was slowly brought back to life and turned into a great car, but not with the original engine!
rex66m
I'm watching a 1974 BMW CSL nearby do the same thing - just dying a slow death from the tin worm. sad
Chris H.
Nice score. Are those Corvette wheels?
Eric_Shea
Only 22 after my old 6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.