Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Strut Parts Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
I have most of the parts needed for the 5 lug conversion I'm immersed in. Most of the parts for the front end (we think) came from a 911 SC. (Koni Struts, Koni inserts) Not sure about the hubs though. Not sure if they came from the same donor 911 or not, but fairly sure they did.

The hub and struts came apart - the struts were blasted and powder coated, so hubs, calipers came in different boxes.

Look at this picture (from AA)... Copied from

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/9...8-83/402-00.php

Click to view attachment

I see three different part numbers for hubs (item 25). Hence my confusion. I can't find any part numbers on the hubs at all. Except in the bolt holes these set of numbers (911.341) (605.4R) and N1926

I'm curious about parts 23, 24, and 25A - as these all seem to be missing from the parts I have on hand and I'm curious if they are needed or were not part of the setup I'm using??

I'll post some pictures of what I DO have later today. For now I just wanted to kick this off to see if I could get a bit of an education on 911 setups.

bulitt
Post pics of front and back of hub and spindle. 23 is probably mountd on your spindle.
Eric_Shea
23 is a small rubber gasket that goes under 24. Needed.
24 is a sleeve that fits into your front bearing seal. It should still be installed at the base of your spindle on the strut. Needed.
25a is a spacer for a turbo car (guessing... Does it have a 930.341 part number?). Not needed but, probably nice for a flared car. 944 spacers work better (cheaper too) as 914's have a lot of room up front.

The 911 (later 911 part number).341 (designates front suspension part).605 (actual part number).4R (casting number) is the correct part number for a front hub with vented rotors.

Google "Porsche Parts PDF" and you'll be able to get all of the parts diagrams and numbers your heart desires. It's better that way because you have descriptions and no chance of ever getting ripped off in the process. biggrin.gif

Much better link:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/
lsintampa
QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 7 2013, 10:28 AM) *

Post pics of front and back of hub and spindle. 23 is probably mountd on your spindle.

I'm fairly sure 23 is missing. Here are some photos of what I have.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
You have a very nice set of Koni struts and yes, 23 and 24 are missing. Those probably came off an early 911.

You could probably sell them on the early 911s registry and have enough money to buy some SC Boge struts and the new inserts of your choice. (that would probably come with the gaskets and the sealing flange). smile.gif
lsintampa
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 7 2013, 11:31 AM) *

You have a very nice set of Koni struts and yes, 23 and 24 are missing. Those probably came off an early 911.

You could probably sell them on the early 911s registry and have enough money to buy some SC Boge struts and the new inserts of your choice. (that would probably come with the gaskets and the sealing flange). smile.gif

At this point, I'd trade the struts and hubs for a decent 5 lug setup that's complete. Trying to put this together in the dark has been challenging. confused24.gif smile.gif
bulitt
Another option- Do you still have your original struts and hubs? If so Eric (PMB) now has a front and rear conversion package to 5 lug and you would just need to buy the shock inserts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.