Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT-North Carolina
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turk22
Just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach. Drove down, and spent a night in Ashville NC, went to Dupont State Park near there, and the road leading to the park was one of the best roads I have been on. I must have said a dozen times that I wished I had the 914 on this road, it would have been a blast.

On the way home we spent the night outside of Knoxville TN, and saw some very nice roads there as well.

I wish I had some nicer roads around me, in a 10 mile radius around my house, I have one road that isn't a straight long country road. I would kill to have a few of the roads I saw this past week around me.

Anybody in the Northern Cincinnati area have some interesting roads they can recommend??
type47
search for "Tail of the Dragon" ...
turk22
Thanks!

Just looked that up, and damn that's some stretch of road. Makes sense tho' considering the 'ordinary' roads I saw in one day down there.

Turk
t collins
Check "The Snake" US 421 Bristol, TN to Mountain City, TN ..... 33 miles, 489 curves, two mountains, and one valley
poorsche914
Hey, Turk... come on down to Knoxville area this fall for Okteenerfest. We'll be driving the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, Wayah Road, and other great area mountain roads for one fantastic day of teener fun driving.gif
dlee6204
NC has plenty of great roads. You can't really go wrong in Western NC. Dupont Park is also nice. Plenty of good roads and waterfalls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.