Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How good are AA Pistons and Cylinders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flash914
In the past two years I've have been reading on this board about things and a time or two AA Piston has come up. One time about a pin failure and engine damage. the other question was about heat treating their cylinders. The question I am asking is dose anyone have any comments on their products. Please reply. Gordon popcorn[1].gif
'73-914kid
I got 4 perfectly round cylinders on the first try, and have been running around on AA 96mm pistons and cylinders for the last 38,000 miles. I'd like to see anyone else who can attest to their durability like that. Some people don't like them because more often than not, you have to go back, and return 1 cylinder a set that isn't perfectly round. Easy to do. Their quality has significantly improved from what I understand.

Every now and then I beat the living crap out of my motor, but most of my miles are freeway miles, at 80mph. No piston and cylinder problems at all. I'm more concerned with my OEM connecting rod bolts/nuts.
VaccaRabite
Lots and lots of threads on this.
As long as you can send the ones that prove to be out of round back for replacement, they are fine.
That said, I'd rather use KB flat tops and have the stock 2.0 cylinders punched out.
In fact, that's what I did.

Zach
rhcb914
I'm using them. 3+ years, about 15K on them. No problems so far. I would recommend them.
Cupomeat
I've had AA Cylinders in my car since 2002, but I run KB pistons.

Not too many miles but I have beat the crap out of the motor at the track.

agree.gif with above, as long as you check out the 4 you get and can return one (or more) you are set
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.