Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sawzall Party Planning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RD Evans
I have a'74 that must be cut up soon! I have never done this so I could use some help in exchange for parts and Shiner beer. If interested, please p.m. me. Car located in central Texas. sawzall-smiley.gif
spare time toys
When you planning on doing this. Im tied up Untill first weekend in DEC. But I can bring my own saw and extension cord. biggrin.gif
JWest
When? Baby is due Dec 21, so I can't help until next year. If you are not doing it until January, I can help at that time.

I do have lots of experience reducing 914s to dumpster size pieces, and plenty of tools for doing so.
Eddie Williams
It's a 6 hour drive for me.
spare time toys
I forgot to ask. What are you doing with the chunks o 914? I want to get a windshield frame because I would like to put a cut down windshield on mine.
Joe Ricard
Hey I need some parts. Both front head light buckets drain tubes and horizntal supports. You can even leave a little inner fender well.
Red-Beard
Hmmmmm.

Dr. Evil is visiting me next weekend...maybe...
spare time toys
Any date for this as of yet?
michel richard
Can you get good pictures of how the structure is put topgether, especially sections of the longitudinals around the engine compartment and accross the various firewalls ?

Michel Richard
RD Evans
It will be several weeks, maybe even after Christmas before I can get to this. I will post pictures of car soon. Thanks for the responses so far. I'm also going to check and see if the local rental companys have plasma cutters.
Red-Beard
Not worth it. I picked up a used plasma cutter. It worked, but a sawzall works better. Buy the super premium, extra think blades at home depot. Buy the large box.
scotty914
are the door jams good, i could use both sides. and i mean the lock side not the hinge side.

TIA
RD Evans
Door jams are shot. Sorry Scott.
RD Evans
Does anyone have have picture (thinking Photo Shop) with suggested cut lines? As many of these that have been done, that is bound to be a "best practice". sawzall-smiley.gif
Brando
Sawzall? Check.
Flame-Cutter? Check.
Plasma-Cutter? Doublecheck!
bryanthompson
How’s the rear trunk floor? My life would finally be complete if I could get ahold of a used lower section of the rear trunk… and a right rear wheel well… and maybe the front piece of the driver’s side floor pan… Then my life would be complete biggrin.gif

I don't know what the rules for "calling" pieces of a sawzall victim are, so just slap me around until I get it right. spank.gif slap.gif
RD Evans
The bottom part of the rear trunk floor has some issues along the edges (like most). Don't know yet about the floor pans. I've started removing the tar covering but haven't gotten too far. I'll add your name to my list.
a9146luvr
Heck yea! i'll help cut up a car, just let me know when and i'll bring a sawzall too. boldblue.gif Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.