Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS/FT: 1974 Porsche 914 Street/track car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dawendy01
A little history of the car:
In the 80's a friend of ours built this car. He loved it and took it to PCA events where he shocked people with this car. After a while he realized he wanted to build another car so he took a 944 and started the process of building a track car again while selling the one he had. The car was sold to a vet in my hometown to soon after buying the car was diagnosed with cancer. That along with his hobby of riding horses took up most of his time so he let the car sit. So thats when I came in. At the time I was looking for something like this to take to the track and have a good time with my dad. So we bought it and had to do some engine work. We rebuilt the top end and did a few other things (I can get a more detailed list of what we did). By the time the car was finished and track ready I was wanting to get into SCCA racing and start competing so a few months ago my father and I got back his old race car and I am hopefully going to be doing regionals very soon. I just cannot afford the tires, and maintenance of a porsche.

THE GOOD:The Car mechanically is PERFECT! It runs VERY strong!
944 turbo custom front bumper
oil cooler front bumper with thermostat
Weltmeister front sway bar
turbo tie rod kit
bump steer kit
150lb rear springs
front torsion bars 22MM
Delren Bushings whole suspension
Front and rear koni gas adjustable sport shocks
rear spring mount kit coil overs
914 chassis stiffening kit (10 pc)
914 box rear trailing arms
weltmeister short shift kit
kand n air filters
hot wires
7" and 8" fuchs
momo steering wheel
mounting hub
momo shifter knob
wide spoiler rear deck
916 rear bumper
GT rockers
GT front flairs
GT rear flairs
euro tail lamp lenses
euro signals
roll cage
cut off switch
2 sets of quick release 5 pt harnesses
baby toranoto mirrors
cylinder head gauge
oil pressure
move battery up front
19 mm master cylinder
914/6 rear calipers rebuilt
vented rear rotors
spacer kit for front and rear beker engine
911 front sispension w/ rebuilt hubs
911 front brakes
911 front vented rotors
stainless steel brake lines
header exhaust w/supertrap
fuel pump for carbs
48 IDF webbers
Velocity stacks
Alum Finned valve covers
Bosch 009 distrib
Permatune
Bosch Blue Coil
Speedo cable
HD clutch cable
HD accelerator cable
lightened new flywheel
HD clutch
Keith Black 2.4 liter Big Bore Pistons
Beker Engine cut case for pistons
Fat Brothers 2.0 liter heads reworked w/ largest valves available racing springs
911 Swevel foot adjusters
Melling Oil Pump
Deep Sump
Oil Pressure Boost
Soild Trans Mount
Fire Suppression System

The bad
The car has some small rust bubbles in the paint. However they can be fixed very easily and aren't very noticeable at all. Just ask for pics if you want. Also the street tires are fine however the track tires are shot.

Please if you have any questions please feel free to PM or email me. Dawendy01@gmail.com... or give me a call at (540)728-0203.

I will consider all trades. I am looking for a Mk1 or Mk2 GTI or a 911.

I am asking 14,900 but am open to reasonable offers.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Here are additional pictures- http://s150.photobucket.com/user/dwendell01/story/58187
carr914
QUOTE(dawendy01 @ Apr 7 2013, 11:55 PM) *

I just cannot afford the tires, and maintenance of a porsche.

GLWTS

However, I'm going to give you a Tip - If you can't afford Tires & Maintenance on a Porsche 914, you will Never be able to afford to go racing at any Level.

dawendy01
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 8 2013, 04:32 AM) *

QUOTE(dawendy01 @ Apr 7 2013, 11:55 PM) *

I just cannot afford the tires, and maintenance of a porsche.

GLWTS

However, I'm going to give you a Tip - If you can't afford Tires & Maintenance on a Porsche 914, you will Never be able to afford to go racing at any Level.

Well, maybe thats what I will find when I get out there, but showroom stock classes are a hell of a lot cheaper initially and to run... granted the trade off is running a street sedan over a Porsche sports car, but door to door racing is fun regardless and its cool to know you have to rely on your driving skills over your cubic dollars.

Tires are expensive whatever size you are running, but the difference between corvette tires and dodge neon tires is still about $50 a slick.

Any other tips, you have for me are very appreciated. I will be mostly running myself (with some help from my father who has been racing SCCA for 30+ years), so any advice is worth its weight in gold to me.

Kind Regards,
Dan
bulitt
Flares glass or steel?
dawendy01
QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 8 2013, 02:14 PM) *

Flares glass or steel?

This is the question I get most about the car, and the answer is fiberglass. You would think I would learn and put this information in the description by this point.

But yes, the flares are fiberglass.

Thanks,
Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.