Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Anyone comment on this type of shifter, compared to the stock shifter if it would be an improvement?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-West-RENNSHIFT-P...69b&vxp=mtr
Cairo94507
I bought one and the linkage kit for my Six. Though I have never driven it, it is reportedly the best improvement one can make to the shifting on our stock transaxles. I look forward to being able to drive it one day.
IronHillRestorations
Nothing but good reviews on the JWest products
VaccaRabite
I have one.
Its fantastic.

Zach
RON S.

I bought one several years ago for my /6

It is a very well made short throw shifter. Well worth the money, especially given the fact that the unit is a fully machine item. Almost ever piece.

A great product..thumb3d.gif
ThePaintedMan
I got to drive FourBlades' car with the Rennshift in it, and now I wish I hadn't. If I had it to do all over again, I would have purchased one at the outset of working on my car, so that when I ran out of money, I still would have had a Rennshift left to install!

It should be noted though, that many others have said if all of the other bushings and transmission internals are not up to snuff though, the Rennshift will exacerbate problems with shifting. If you replace everything else, and it is in good working condition, it will make the car shift like a Honda (very easily).
partwerks
I have new bushings, but I wonder how it will work with the Renegade shift rod that has a couple angles in it, that enables it to go under the engine, or would that have any effect at all?
Van914
Best shifting improvement for the $
You will love it.

Van914
JWest
QUOTE(partwerks @ Apr 8 2013, 10:23 PM) *

I have new bushings, but I wonder how it will work with the Renegade shift rod that has a couple angles in it, that enables it to go under the engine, or would that have any effect at all?

As long as the linkage works (allows engagement of all gears) then it will work with the RennShift.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.