Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's at PCA Potomac DE Summit Point Apr 2013
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JmuRiz
Nice turnout...can't wait till I have my 914 back to go for a drive. Perfect weekend!!!
type47
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Apr 8 2013, 05:34 AM) *

Nice turnout...

Spraggi was there too. Seems like majority of cars in attendance are shifting towards water-cooled. Guess you can't fault the power and reliability...
JmuRiz
Unfortunately when I get my car back, I won't be tracking it...but I'd like to come watch you guys beat on your cars.
Bummer about the watercooled cars, but there are always guys like Kurt and Greg that have cars so cool they make up for it.
brant
Very Nice!

Jim, where did you get your car from?
it looks very close to a car I used to race against back 10 years ago
a guy named david in kansas had one just like it....
(different front bumper is all)

brant
type47
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 8 2013, 12:46 PM) *

I first saw it at a PCA Club race at Summit Point going on 10 yrs ago. I believe it's been and East Coast (PA, MD ...) car it's whole life. I have a delivery record that says it was sold through Heishmanns Porsche in Arlington, VA. Previous owner (not the last owner) says it once belonged to Manny Alban current PCA Pres. I bought it from a racer who wanted to step up in club racing; he went up to an SC.
brant
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 8 2013, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 8 2013, 12:46 PM) *

I first saw it at a PCA Club race at Summit Point going on 10 yrs ago. I believe it's been and East Coast (PA, MD ...) car it's whole life. I have a delivery record that says it was sold through Heishmanns Porsche in Arlington, VA. Previous owner (not the last owner) says it once belonged to Manny Alban current PCA Pres. I bought it from a racer who wanted to step up in club racing; he went up to an SC.

very cool
any chance you got the old log book with it?
any pueblo colorado race in 2001 or 2002?

brant
type47
any chance you got the old log book with it?
any pueblo colorado race in 2001 or 2002?
[/quote]

I did get the logbook; not CO races but don't know if a logbook goes with the driver or the car. It's a PCA Club Race logbook.

I looked in the logbook and found record of Mosport and Beaver Run in '02. Are those in or near CO?
brant
Thats a cool history.
those aren't colorado tracks, but perhaps its just a different car

although my crappy memory was even of the same number with the same wheels....

it was PCA club racing that I used to run back in the late 90's and early 2000's

I loaned 1 wheel with tire to the owner (david) at the time when he corded a front...

still a very cool car you have there either way
did you put the numbers on it, or did it come that way?

class "I" was the old class for PCA 2.0 improved cars that they used to run. (I used to run in class "I" also.

I think they phased class "I" our around 2006 and call it something else now
type47
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 8 2013, 06:08 PM) *

did you put the numbers on it, or did it come that way?
class "I" was the old class for PCA 2.0 improved cars that they used to run.

Yes, the car looks virtually the same as the first time I saw it on the track around 2001. Only difference from it's club racing days are a different engine with a Triad so no "stinger" out the back and I installed a fiberglas bumper. Has roll cage, M calipers ... I'd like to swap out the front for a GT style fiberglas bumper. ... install a -6, flares and other fantasy thoughts....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.