Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty much done (Pics)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
Was in Banff this weekend and took some pics of the car. Needs a few things yet but it's "almost done". They stay in this state forever don't they?
F4i
Dash
F4i
seats. Thanks guys!
Allan
That looks really sweet. Where did you get the dash insert and the pedals?
F4i
Thanks
Dash I made myself out of stainless. Pedals came from bestdeal. (same gut that sold them here for a group buy.
Howard
Car is super! Did you make a paper template for dash? Sure would love a copy.
Allan
agree.gif Me too!
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 21 2004, 04:26 PM)
They stay in this state forever don't they?

Not if ya drive them in the snow. ohmy.gif

Looks sweet man. great job smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
dash insert - is it one piece around the steering wheel or two?
F4i
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Nov 21 2004, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 21 2004, 04:26 PM)

Not if ya drive them in the snow. ohmy.gif

Looks sweet man. great job smilie_pokal.gif

I meant it will stay in a state of constantly needing to do just a few more things. In other words I will keep f ing with it even though I shouldn't. The dash insert was traced off the metal covered vinyl that came off. no paper template sorry. If I have the old bits i could make one though. It is one piece all the way to the glove box. It was a bitch of a thing, as was the glove box. I reccomend using aluminum instead of stainless. I made stainless step plates as well. I also made my own shift knob and matching heater lever.
Btw I had to steer the thing with throttle in the snow. It would just "push" otherwise.
F4i
oh I forgot to say thanks to everyone here for all the help. A great many people went out of their way to provide advice, encouragement and parts. thanks again smilie_pokal.gif
watsonrx13
Great job restoring the car. Congrats, it looks fantastic.

Now, go and enjoy it.... driving.gif
Series9
Man, I am continually amazed by the number of absolutely beautiful 914s in the group.

Awesome job. smilie_pokal.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Looks fantastic. The seats look really nice too.
Jeroen
sa-weeeeet!
Dr Evil
Do you have a picture of the homemade heater knob? That is exactly what I am doing to my car (dash and knobs). Well done! Are the seats custome?
Great looing car wink.gif

Baniff- One great place to go skiing:)
Was there done that! Loved it.
Tab914
Car looks great Dylan! Next time you are in Banff make sure to drop me a line, would love to see it in person.
Love that interior! clap56.gif
Cheers, Dominic. beerchug.gif
tommy914
Who did the seats?
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 21 2004, 04:29 PM)
sa-weeeeet!

smilie_pokal.gif
My thoughts exactly!!!!
What a beautiful car!
Great job....well done
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
PS I love Banff! Will have to get back there soon!
914GT
That's a great looking car, although I am somewhat biased wink.gif. I like the look of the rockers and bumper spoiler/valence painted yellow ... might have to give that a try.
dlo914
wub.gif love the SS dash insert, and the embroidering done on the seats. where'd you get the embroidering done?
Carlitos Way
Are those the Corbeau A4's?
Aaron Cox
nice seats! stock with added bolsters?
Lou W
Very Nice smilie_pokal.gif
F4i
Thank you for all the kind words. The seats I modified with tubing and fiberglass. I had them recovered in leather and tweed. Guys from the forum helped with the logo (thanks again) and I had it done locally. The file is on file with the company that did it so I am going to get some shirts done for me and the wife. Here are some pics of the seats dash and engine. I have a pic of the knobs and will post as soon as I find em.
F4i
engine, all the tin was powdercoated the same time I had the trim done.
F4i
Another of the dash. In progress.
Hey Dominic I PM'd you before I went never got a response???
Sounds like everybody likes Banff. Maybee a western get together should be held there?
redshift
You are a 914 GOD!!!!!!!

That looks fantastic!!

M
F4i
My knob huh.gif
redshift
EWWWWWWWWW! I take it all back!

laugh.gif
Steve Thacker
Very,...Very nice. Clean as a whistle. My hat is off to you. smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Very clean car! Love the seats and dash. great job!
scooter311
Sha-sha-shweet!
How did you get that dash in there in ONE piece? Those seats look well thought out as well, everything seems to fit together nicely.
Thanks so very much for giving me more ideas to lose sleep over smash.gif ................

clap56.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 21 2004, 02:26 PM)

i see rust in the front fender well ...

schweet car tho,
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
mike_the_man
Awesome car Dylan! It looks fantastic! I really want to see it next time I'm in Calgary. I should be up sometime this winter for a ski trip. What kind of wheels are those? I relly like the look of them.

I think Banff would be a great place for a western meet. I'm not sure if my 914 would make it, but I'd give it a try. I have a friend who works at the Rimrock, who may be able to get us a deal on rooms, if required.
davep
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 21 2004, 10:24 PM)
Sounds like everybody likes Banff. Maybe a western get together should be held there?

So, do we have a volunteer to host a regional event.
I'll provide the list of local owners.

DaveP
Robert21
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif great looking car , you did all the right things.
i like the dash, and seats, hell i like the whole car.
mike_the_man
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 22 2004, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 21 2004, 10:24 PM)
Sounds like everybody likes Banff. Maybe a western get together should be held there?

So, do we have a volunteer to host a regional event.
I'll provide the list of local owners.

DaveP

I'd be willing to help out a bit. Being that I'm about 10 hours from Banff, I probably can't do much, but I'm willing to try. Keep me in the loop.
F4i
I would be happy to help host a west Can get together. No man is an island though. I would need some help.
F4i
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 22 2004, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 21 2004, 02:26 PM)

i see rust in the front fender well ...

schweet car tho,
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

No you don't! Thats muddy snow. Although, on a very quiet night you can hear them rust away.
Porsche Rescue
Are those 5-lug Porsche Cup wheels?
F4i
They are 17" X 7" revolution wheels 4 lug. They were nothing but time and problems to get but in the end worth it.
Tab914
Hey guys!

I live right in Banff. Actually I live on one of the ski resorts here. Would be happy to coordinate things (with all the help I can get of course). Lots of room up here for nice photos and a BBQ get together of something like that. Or breakfast in Banff and lunch or diner in Lake Louise or some combination of the sort. Open to any ideas and certainly game for a get together.

Dylan, I tried to reply through the pm. Wonder how come it didn't work??? Got my pm, wrote a reply and clicked on reply. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong.

Mike, that offer on skiing we talked about this summer still stands. Let me know when you are coming to town and we'll set it up. Who knows maybe Dylan will come at the same time and we can go for some beer3.gif

Anyhow you guys let me know what you think.

Cheers, Dominic. beerchug.gif
F4i
Hey Dominic too bad the pm didn't work. I was hoping to have a beer.gif or two. The wife was at a conference all day sat so I was set free. The good thing was there was the street fest going on so I was entertained. I wouldn't mind meeting Mike as well
Tab914
Hey Mike, can you tell me how to put the flag along with your signature? Where would I get it from? confused24.gif

Thanks, Dominic.
Jake Raby
Looks great!

what problems did you hit with the wheels??

Those are the same wheels that I want to run.

BTW, do you still have the templates from your dash?? If you do I'd be happy to CAD them and have my waterjet guy cut panels for the club members that like the look!
mike_the_man
Dominic, I haven't forgot your offer about skiing. I'm not sure when I'll be coming, probably sometime after Christmas. I'll let you and Dylan know when I'll be in Calgary area, and we will definitely get together for a few beerchug.gif . Plus, I really want to see Dylan's car! That thing is so sweet!

I'm not really sure how to get the flag in your sig. I've tried, but couldn't get it to work. I feel slightly stupid. blink.gif
F4i
The problems with the wheels... well it took three months to get the first set. Aparently there was UPS computer problems. The backspacing was wrong on those. Then it took well over three months to get the "rush" set to replace them. The factory shut down for two weeks to clean tooling. And again the UPS computer was on the fritz. I paid brokerage twice and am still waiting on a refund there. Tom a revolution has been very personable but it has been a long road. I reccomend if you get a set, get an extra wheel. It's a long wait for a replacement. Here in Canada summer goes by fast. That said I think they look better in person than in pics. As for the dash I literally laid out the bits I took off (minus the vinyl) and traced out the pattern on the stainless. I used a shear and jigsaw to cut it out. You have to remove the steering colum to install it. I should still have the old bits and can trace them out if you guys like. I could probably get them put into a cad or solidworks file as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.