Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Teeners in the Barstow Victorville Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mr914
Heading to Barstow/victorville later this week for a couple of days. Right now looks like Thursday evenining

Any teeners there that might want to meet for a beer beerchug.gif at a local watering hole and explain the lay of the land.

Coming out for an interview by Ft Irwin

SOT Question. What emissions are involved in getting my 85 Carrera Liscenced and Smoged. Or am I better off selling it up here and getting a rust free CA car?
ConeDodger
Seems to me there was a guy who sold parts in the classifieds that had a problem with quality and follow-through that lived in that area. Other than that, go see Roy Rogers and Dale Evans ranch and I believe Trigger is stuffed and on display as well...
mr914
I'll be wary of tobacco chewing scoundrels.

Yelp shows a few places by the interstate, but it's kind of sparse there...

Kinda like Nebraska, a nice place to drive thru...
SLITS
Ft Irwin ... ex prisoner of war facility ... 35 miles out of Barstow in the dirty rotten stinkin desert ... wonderful place.

I guess you play with tanks.

Your '85 will be smoged .... must have all the original equiment and PASS.
mr914
Nope, Don't play with tanks, although I did write a FM manual for the old tank plant here in Detroit.

Going to be playing with something that I think will be a little more fun. That is, if we come to terms...

Elliot Cannon
Looking for ET? alien.gif
Gary
6 years ago, I'd have bought you that beer on post. My avatar was taken there. Happy to answer any questions if the Goldstone gig works out.
mr914
Your right. Middle of BFE

Ride is cool for awhile, Better than farmland in Nebraska, seems to be more interesting than a drive thru Detroit on the interstate.

From Barstow, 15 miles, get to the exit.... Closed truck stop. Head North, a couple of trailers parked in the middle of nowwhere. No Starbucks, nothing.

They are probing space, and perhaps probing aliens sheeplove.gif Don't know any details, you can look it up on the web.

Cool palce, If you know you are going to be in the area, you can arrange for a public visit. Definately worth it. Only Aricebo radio telescope is bigger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.