Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
teamgravy
I am building a 914 track car and we are trying to wire back up the wipers and I can't find the relay. I didn't see a relay in teardown and don't see anything like the one mentioned in the left-over parts bins.

I just wanted to wire the motor direct so I can toggle the wipers on and off with a switch (sans relay) but I can't find any diagrams that don't involve the relay and my attempts to "hot wire" it have failed.

Any ideas, can't I run switched 12v+ to it and ground the necessary wires to test and/or run it this way. I understand the wipers would not return to the down position automatically but just need them for occasional mist/rain at the track.

Any help you can offer is much appreciated, 3 weeks till first race.

-Daryl

Dave_Darling
The relay should be on top of the fuse panel. The fuse panel drops down by removing a couple of screws.

Using a relay is generally the best idea; it not only allows for control of the wipers the "normal" way but it also takes some of the electrical load off of the wiper switch. (I think...)

--DD
teamgravy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 8 2013, 04:10 PM) *

The relay should be on top of the fuse panel. The fuse panel drops down by removing a couple of screws.

Using a relay is generally the best idea; it not only allows for control of the wipers the "normal" way but it also takes some of the electrical load off of the wiper switch. (I think...)

--DD

I have searched for this relay and can't find it with the parts. Not sure i ever got one with it as half the electronics were missing when I got the car. I just wanted to have something if they get rain while we are on the track.
Mike Bellis
There is no wiper relay unless you have an intermittent setup. Wiper switch controls the wiper motor.

You should be able to jumper to one of the leads via a switch to make it work. If you want it to park itself then it's a little more work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.