Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I did today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well it was a perfect day in sunny Florida (finally) so I decided to get some work done on the teener. Today the objective was to remove the tar from the interior floorboards.

Here's the before pic:

1 of 4
watsonrx13
I used an air-hammer and a short chisel. It took me about 3 hours to completely remove the tar. Here's a shot after 30 min removing the tar from underneat the passenger's seat.

2 of 4
watsonrx13
Next I needed to remove the seam-sealer and the residual tar. I used an angle-grinder with a huge wire-wheel (I completely wore the wire wheel out and will need to replace it). I also used several screw-drivers to remove the seam-sealer in the tight corners.

3 of 4
watsonrx13
Finally, I cleaned the floor and covered it with Ospho to protect it until I can paint. I still have the pedal area floorboard to finish cleaning, along with center tunnel.

Not bad for 8 hrs work.

4 of 4
Series9
If you use a propane torch and a putty knife, that tar comes up a little easier.
Jeroen
nice job!
looks like there are no new nasty surprises
watsonrx13
No, it was very clean, but since I was in there...

Once I finish with the interior, I'm going back over the engine compartment and rear trunk to check anything I might have missed. Then I'm going to paint these areas, looking at end of Dec/early Jan. Anyway, that's the plan for now (subject to change without prior notification... wacko.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.