Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snow In So Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klink
OK, this isn't supposed to happen! Woke up this morning to snow. It snowed for atleast three hours and stayed on the ground for most of the day. Only snows in this part of So. Cal. about once a decade. We are not in the mountains here, we are in the flatlands. Glad I worked on the car yesterday. Got it out of the barn, cleaned it up, and took it for a drive to get fuel and parts. Installed a solenoid on the rear trunk release and a momentary switch in the engine compartment to activate it. Also lowered the front end (it was obscenely high). Guess I need to get it aligned but plan on getting some new high poudage coil springs for the rear and lower it again in the front so I will probably wait. Is there a quick camber adjustment I can do to bring it in close? I did a search on alignment but came up with mostly technical dimensions rather than exactly how to make the adjustment. I feel for you people in the snow part of the country. Really didn't feel like going outside to do much today. Although I did have to go out and get the snow off the Direct TV dish so we could atleast watch the NASCAR finale.
MattR
Where in socal are you? I didnt see any snow except for the mountains.
eeyore
QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 21 2004, 05:47 PM)
Where in socal are you?  I didnt see any snow except for the mountains.

maps.yahoo.com
Aaron Cox
snow here in corona...up in the hilss where i live.,...very wierd smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
Somebobys gotta say it thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
morgan
lol2.gif lol2.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif alfred.gif
SLITS
IPB Image

Bad picture, but 24" measured @ 10 AM, snowed about another 2" - took me 5 hours to dig out. sad.gif
klink
Here's pics.
klink
More pics. . .
bernbomb914
thats what I said

Bernie
Rhodes71/914
Ha Ha!
TimT
That aint snow...

thats slush.. maybe some hail... freezing rain...
klink
I know this isn't snow like most of you are use to, but for us it is quite unusual and we would call it snow. I work up in the mountains around here in real snow. A real pain to deal with. We have had freezing rain and such here before but I think this really qualified as snow this time. We took these pictures early and it just kept coming. It is good in a way, puts you in the Holiday Spirit. Happy Holidays to you all!
seanery
i remember when it snowed a couple years ago, it was all over the news people were driving to it so their kids could make snowballs huh.gif
Howard
And I thought I was just a wuss for freezing my ass of this morning ohmy.gif
GWN7
Heat wave here..... +6C tomorrow....dam deer aren't moving. You have to step on them to get them up. I almost dove over one pulling into a red willow thicket Saturday.
Howard
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 21 2004, 07:45 PM)
Heat wave here..... +6C tomorrow....dam deer aren't moving. You have to step on them to get them up. I almost dove over one pulling into a red willow thicket Saturday.

Sure, go kill Bambi's mom ar15.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 21 2004, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 21 2004, 07:45 PM)

Sure, go kill Bambi's mom ar15.gif

ohmy.gif Oh no! Not Bambi's Mom!!!!!!!!! sad.gif
Say it ain't so!

Lisa mad.gif
Aaron Cox
kill bambi too!!! laugh.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif beerchug.gif
ThinAir
When it's snowing is the best weather to be in the spa. You should be thankful for the snow and get out and enjoy it!

Here's the view at my house right now.
Toast
Yes it did!! Check my avatar. 3 feet in big bear! I took that pic after shoveling the driveway. blink.gif

I'll post another pic after I get some grub....
dlo914
QUOTE(ErnieDV @ Nov 21 2004, 08:06 PM)
When it's snowing is the best weather to be in the spa. You should be thankful for the snow and get out and enjoy it!

Here's the view at my house right now.

laugh.gif the two 14s look like frosted bananas.... rolleyes.gif deeeelicious beer.gif
Toast
ok, im done grubbing.

Here is that pic I promised.

HUmmmm........tomorow looks like the perfect day to go skiing. mueba.gif Anyone insterested in joining me?
Toast
QUOTE(ErnieDV @ Nov 21 2004, 09:06 PM)

I agree. I went to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho one winter. It was great.
It was hot and dry in the mountains on Saturday and the ski resorts were closed because there was not enough snow. When I woke up at 7am this morning and saw that it had snowed at least a foot, my first thought was "I wonder if the Snow Summit will be open today. pray.gif

Ok, so i'm joinsing.... laugh.gif
GWN7
In farm country deer aren't the cute little cartoon creatures that Disney and others have made them out to be. They are 4 legged rats. Try growing a garden. They will nibble on your plants, not eating a whole plant but taking bites out of pieces of it ruining the whole garden in short order. Or try raising cattle. The deer will get into your hay bales. Climbing on top of them eating and peeing on what they don't eat, then the cattle won't eat the hay. At $100 per bale that can add up to big $$ in a very small time. Not to mention the fact that cattle farmers here haven't been able to sell any cattle for the last 18 months. Could you go without a paycheque for 18 months? And still have to pay to feed your cattle (fuel, mantainance of equipment, ect) not to mention feed yourself and your family. Deer also move into green areas around a city. Where they will eat all those nice trees and shrubs you planted in your yard. Last time I priced some Blue Spruce trees they were about $100 per foot. Not to hard for deer to bite the top of a 4' tree or several of them in a night, which stops the tree from growing. I know of one person who spent over $10,000 on their yard which was ruined in one season. Then there is the problem of hitting one with your car or truck. Last I heard the average accident of this type costs some where near $2,500 per.

Because of global warming the winters aren't as harsh as they used to be and when conditions are right (like now) deer will have two fawns a year, which means that their populations are nearly doubling each year. Add in the fact the fuel costs (I spent $200 on fuel in the last 3 days), ammo, licences and government regulations are the main reason there are less and less hunters each year. The deer populations keep going up.

And finally meat doesn't really come in neat little styrofoam packages with plastic on top.

Darn rights I shoot bambi and his mom.

beerchug.gif
skline
"It's begining to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go...................

It was cold and windy here this morning, I even dug out my down jacket to go outside. It was only 54 in the garage. I feel sorry for you guys anywhere it snows, I cant stand the cold. To me, 65 is too cold. I got that California blood running through my veins. From toasts picture, it looked like Slits was ready to shovel some snow. Snow is nice to visit, but I could never live there again.

"Insert shivvering smiley here"
Howard
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 21 2004, 09:00 PM)
Darn rights I shoot bambi and his mom.

beerchug.gif

Wow. Bambicide? If you lived in the US you could be accused of being a conservative. That is political and not allowed on this forum, uh BBS, uh garage. Oh, fuck it! biggrin.gif
MattR
Who is gonna be the first person to write "914 club" in the snow? biggrin.gif
Howard
I thought you did, but it was in Aaron's handwriting. biggrin.gif

My Bad. Corona joke. Sorry.
ClayPerrine
Weather Forcast for Dallas/Fort Worth Texas......

Lows in the mid 40s.. Highs in the mid 60s....
Thunderstorms through Wednesday.

Clear and WARM for Thanksgiving.

Hey So Cal...... I am going driving on Thanksgiving in a 914 WITH THE TOP OFF!!!!! driving.gif aktion035.gif

Be jealous... be VERY jealous.
scooter311
Now this is wacky - right now, Upstate NY - no snow! Y'all gots the white schtuff, an' here it's clean as a bean. I'm cherishing every moment of it, cause I know in a short while, Mother Nature's comin home, and she's bringing enough bad attitude and luggage to stay for a loooong time. Then BAM - deep freeze! For like, 5 months. Then the usual ice storm, power outtage for a couple days, then toss out any food after your fridge thaws (in my case some old chinese food and a jar of mayonaisse).
I actually like the cold - I love driving my Jeep in the snow, I can camp , I can work on my car with no rush, ride my quad on the ice on the bay, and now someone's building an indoor motocross arena really close by. Woohoo!
boldblue.gif
boldblue.gif
boldblue.gif
Mark Henry
WIMPS!! wink.gif biggrin.gif

No snow here in Canada!
Been quite nice out, but a tad cold at night.

cool_shades.gif
Steve Thacker
Snow....The worthless white substance. Hate the shit. Would love to move to the southern portion of the ROK. Just can't afford the living expenses and smog nazis.
Root_Werks
laugh.gif This is what we get this week. About the same as the last 2-3 months. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 22 2004, 01:31 AM)
I thought you did, but it was in Aaron's handwriting. biggrin.gif

My Bad. Corona joke. Sorry.

man.... havent laughed that hard in a while! also..hard to tell whos crackin jokes (you or slits) both you guys have the same avatar wacko.gif
DrifterJay
dude, I had to drive to ft irwin last night....no way just on the base of the 15fwy at the bottom of the Cajon pass snowing hard....was fucking nuts...made it too the top and pulled off at a gas station...lady said it had been snowing since 6am....it was 9pm...couldnt see 30 feet in front of me......about 18 inches on the ground....obviously I didnt make it too post last night biggrin.gif ....Ft Irwin is supposed to be snowed in.....
GTeener
Send some snow to the Bay Area biggrin.gif

We haven't had any on the Peninsula since 1976 when I was a kid.
SLITS
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 22 2004, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 22 2004, 01:31 AM)
I thought you did, but it was in Aaron's handwriting.   biggrin.gif

My Bad.  Corona joke.  Sorry.

man.... havent laughed that hard in a while! also..hard to tell whos crackin jokes (you or slits) both you guys have the same avatar wacko.gif

I "wrote" in the snow!!!!!!! And I "wrote" Howard, Mike, A-A-ron Admin in yellow!

I improved Howard's avatar - I was to lazy to take an image of my own.

And BTW, it was still snowing this AM and from the reports, it is still snowing at 1 PM. Oh my frozen cajones - Will my "mocha" hat say "got frozen........."?
GTeener
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 22 2004, 12:55 PM)
Oh my frozen cajones - Will my "mocha" hat say "got frozen........."?

Yummy... frozen mocha... biggrin.gif

No, but when you get it, feel free to edit your hat to your frozen cajones delight smile.gif
Howard
Aaron, I'm the good looking intelligent one. biggrin.gif

Ron, you wrote all that with that extra fine point marker of yours? beer.gif
Toast
chestNuts roasting on an open fire........
balljoint
Enjoy your snow. We get the odd earthquake up here but it is usually only 1 on the Richter (sp?) Scale. I always think they are neat, provided there is nothing to shovel off my driveway.
d7n7master
Add my Hale report from Buena Park, Ca. on Sat nite.
Brando
Some light rain in the afternoon here in Rivercide, but up the hill (canyon crest area) there was some snow.

Wish I had a hot tub. slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.