Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michigan Vintage VW Festival Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
We had 18 914's show up for this VW festival (which was 4 more than the number of Karmann Ghias that showed up. Almost all the 914's were Southeast MI owners Group members and many of those are 914world.com BBS supporters. Here's some pics: (lots are of Thomas J Bliznik's beautiful car - they're mostly his pics)
Curvie Roadlover
and
Curvie Roadlover
sdht
Curvie Roadlover
utkr
Curvie Roadlover
etjyds
Aaron Cox
nice pics biggrin.gif
Curvie Roadlover
64r8k
Curvie Roadlover
sfnb
Curvie Roadlover
[o;h.ljg
Curvie Roadlover
yukfnj
Curvie Roadlover
7liyeddb
Curvie Roadlover
dfhdfh
Curvie Roadlover
This is my car in the foreground. Look VERY CLOSELY at the rear window.
Curvie Roadlover
This is our lame attempt to make a German flag with our cars rolleyes.gif
Curvie Roadlover
htdhadh
Curvie Roadlover
There it is!
vortrex
great pics.

frog island park! biggrin.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Yup!
Brad Roberts
DAMN !! I'm really trying to swing coming out for your event.. .. looks like you have a dedicated group.

B
JeffBowlsby
Great to see so many fine 914s...especially in MI!

I find it ironic that yous guys were part of a large Vintage VW show there...I tried to get our local 914 group RoadGlue into the Vintage VW show here in San Jose, CA...Kelley Park...and was summarily denied.

No one knows just what to do with us 914 owners sometimes...VoPo...neither Vo nor Po... cool.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 19 2003, 04:01 PM)
DAMN !! I'm really trying to swing coming out for your event.. .. looks like you have a dedicated group.

B

Brad, I'm holding your Maglight for when you come out. I owe you some hospitality too!
Brad Roberts
I may have to deliver a car to Indy around that time and shoot up to Michigan.

I know I would like to meet some more "rust belt" guy's.

B
BS Chairman
Someone forgot to say, in that 18 cars there were 5 factory sixes! I guess it's because, they aren't real VW's!?! rolleyes.gif
Brad Roberts
We dont even get that many to show up at our events... and we have 8 million people in the Bay area..

B
BS Chairman
Brad, we have nine factory sixes in our group of 40!! Not too bad would you say.
Brad Roberts
Sounds like a bunch of "FREAKS" to me.. ha ha clap56.gif

One day we will start a "Brad Travel fund" if I cant swing it myself.

B
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(bowlsby @ May 19 2003, 04:02 PM)
Great to see so many fine 914s...especially in MI!

I find it ironic that yous guys were part of a large Vintage VW show there...I tried to get our local 914 group RoadGlue into the Vintage VW show here in San Jose, CA...Kelley Park...and was summarily denied.

No one knows just what to do with us 914 owners sometimes...VoPo...neither Vo nor Po... cool.gif

Show'em this:
Hawk
Here's another version of the 914 gauntlet.
Hawk
And 2 factory 6s, nose to nose with banner. Hi Tom.
Gint
Nice group and great pics. Thanks for posting them.

Any of you guys know the owner of the orange six with the body color valances and rockers? Is he on the board? Any more good pics of that car?

I've been considering doing body color valances and rockers with sail vinyl and factory black top ala Rich Johnson (only Tangerine). And that looks like what I'm thinking but just Signal Orange.
Jeff Krieger
Great pictures. No offense to Thomas Bliznik but his trunk lids fit about as well as mine (which is not great) while other 914s have great fit. BTW, what kind of camera was used to take the pictures?
TJB/914
Hi All,
Just want to say thanks to everyone who came to the VW meet & spent time with us. The factory 6er guys let me park in the center grouping because I had the camera. Our gathering at this VW meet probably added more demand for 914 ownership. Every VW person we talked to said they now must have a 914. Their enthusiasm was mind boggling!!
Did I mention we had (5) yellow cars (two Chrome Yellow, two Sunflower & one Canary Yellow). Five Yellows beats five 6ers.
Randy, we voted to park your turbo four in the center next year.
Brad, we are looking forward to your MI/Ohio visit.
Tom
Curvie Roadlover
Here's another attempt to create the German flag in 914's
ThinAir
Great pics & great to see 914s represented at a VW event. I'm always amazed at the ability of both VW and Porsche folks to fail to recognize the shared heritage of all of these cars. We attend the Arizona Bus Club's Jerome Jamboree each September. They have categories for all kinds of different VWs, including "air cooled - other" to cover the dune buggy types. Unfortunately, a 914 isn't permitted in any category because in their view it "isn't a VW"!
SirAndy
hmmm, no flares sad.gif
TJB/914
SirAndy,
Were going to work on next years Flare cars. I'll work on getting Dan Kantrow's 914-6 Flared race car to attend. Those VW guys wet there pants everytime our BS Chairperson (Gary Stellmach) started his 6er up. It was like a bunch of dogs in heat pawing his sixer. We also need a V/8 car & looking for volunteer's.
Hey Potter are you listening???
SirAndy
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ May 20 2003, 09:14 AM)
SirAndy,
Were going to work on next years Flare cars.

i wasn't too serious cool.gif
nice cars, looks like you had a great time!
i just happend to notice that none of the 914 seemed to have flares ...

later,
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.