DEC
I will start
DEC
Click to view attachment
johannes
I will end

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/VintagePhotos.htm

phillstek
I like this one... a lot. Can anyone fill in the details?
SirAndy
QUOTE(phillstek @ Apr 10 2013, 12:26 AM) *
Can anyone fill in the details?

I have to look at DGVWPB for more details but i remember that this was *not* a Porsche design.

Some aftermarket prototype by someone trying to "improve" the 914 look.
dry.gif
DEC
QUOTE(phillstek @ Apr 10 2013, 09:26 AM) *

I like this one... a lot. Can anyone fill in the details?

That's the "Glöckler" 914

Glöckler was a Porsche Dealer and had make his own study
DEC
QUOTE(johannes @ Apr 10 2013, 08:13 AM) *

I will end

WTF.gif
johannes
QUOTE(DEC @ Apr 10 2013, 03:08 AM) *

QUOTE(johannes @ Apr 10 2013, 08:13 AM) *

I will end

WTF.gif

because you can find almost all the factory pictures on Jeff's website.
Jeff Hail
" Butzi is coming. Look busy"
Jeff Hail
Maybe not be exactly factory images but hey the factory did build these and they were somewhat unique. A few modifications and owners later they are what they are. I like them! Still favorites!

A young Dave Bouzaglou of TRE fame standing (leaning on) between the Solar Productions then Otis Chandler 917 and Liedeke/ Erwin Kremer ex race car. The Kremer car then was owned and raced by Harald Von Keszycki after being re-skinned by Dan McLoughlin of AIR fame. Harald ended up turning Kremers car into the beast as some of you recall.

I consider Dave and Harald friends. Harald raced until he was 80 years old then hit the brakes and hung up his helmet. Dan also a friend passed away in 2010. All great guys.

Thats Ferry checking out Haralds handy work in the beast. Ferry must have been thinking wtf when he first saw the beast.
THE STIG
I was recently informed by the former owner of the Von K car that a replica of it is being built, complete with Heuy Rotor Blade Spoiler. 3.8 Turbo Power. No date was given of completion. Guy told me that the Von K car never finished one race, EVER. Broke every single time, and the first race it finshed after that is when it was returned to the Kremer GT config, and has ran in multiple Vintage races since. Seen here at Fernly HMSA Event.

THE STIG
Jeff Hail
Actually Harald beat Otis. 914 vs 917 in a time trial at Ontario Motor Speedway.

Another funny story Harald won't confirm or deny.
My friend Victor Van Tres (Show room stock champ) told me about an incident at Riverside where Haralds turbo over boosted and shot the impeller wheel out the tailpipe hitting another famous drivers car. The impeller on its way out rifled the exhaust tubing.

Quote: (Paul Berg)
" You were running at Riverside Raceway and as the story was told "looking at Von K's 914 and telling him he was going to shoot somebody with the way the turbo system was configured . Sure enough, he burst a turbo wheel and shot a Datsun at Riverside. I saw the wheel implanted in the Datsuns grill".

Harald loved his monster 914 and regrets ever selling it. We have discussed some ideas for my own 914.
larss
We also have a similar, recent tread in the "Originality and History forum":

Factory Pictures

/Lars S
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachmentFrom Richie Ginthers shop
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Apr 10 2013, 10:14 PM) *

I was recently informed by the former owner of the Von K car that a replica of it is being built, complete with Heuy Rotor Blade Spoiler. 3.8 Turbo Power. No date was given of completion. Guy told me that the Von K car never finished one race, EVER. Broke every single time, and the first race it finshed after that is when it was returned to the Kremer GT config, and has ran in multiple Vintage races since. Seen here at Fernly HMSA Event.

THE STIG

Harald's 914 was mostly running RIR with the POC in Red group Time Trial class.
He needed that big long straight to unleash the beast. A lot of TTD speeds from his car. When he sheared the teeth off of the 915 gears, this was not due to his lack of engineering skills , just the fact that he couldn't find a trans back then to mate to the brute power. The car was unbeleivable for its time, and when he passed you, you will always remember the vortec, flame and whoosh.
Marty
TJB/914
factory
VegasRacer
3.0 liter Donor Parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.